as an officially recognized Non-Governmental
    Organization, it seems to me that the Society is
    suffering from the bane of all civilization; namely,
    too many lawyers. Ironically, by trying to protect the
    Society’s interests, in that human sort of way, they
    have inadvertently placed a stumbling block before
    their own brothers. Obviously they have recognized the
    inadvisability of being connected with the UN, which
    is why they have evidently withdrawn from association.
    It may be that few Witnesses will ever know, but, of
    course, Jehovah knows.

Interestingly, after Moses had faithfully led God’s
    stiff-necked people for many years, as they finally
    neared the Land of Promise, Moses indiscreetly took
    credit for providing water to the Israelite camp. That
    one presumptuous act cost him dearly, as God refused
    to allow Moses into the Promised Land. Moses tried to
    dissuade Jehovah, as he had on other occasions, but he
    was rebuked with the words: “That is enough of you,
    never speak to me about this matter again.” And this
    Moses was considered the meekest man, among all the
    Hebrews. Jehovah later took him up to Mount Tabor and
    showed him the land of Cannan spreading out before
    him, but Moses never came down from the mountain
    alive. Jehovah took him. It is significant that Moses
    later turns up, as it were, on the Mount of
    Transfiguration with Elijah and Jesus. And, later
    Moses is symbolized as one of the two Christian
    witnesses that appear on earth during the finale. The
    point being, that if the meekest man on earth was
    guilty of not sanctifying Jehovah’s name on an
    occasion, and this Moses symbolizes the anointed ones
    of the Christian era during the time of Christ’s
    arrival, then it should not be surprising to those
    with insight that the faithful slave might similarly
    bring themselves under God’s rebuke by their
    indiscretion. The fact that God continued to speak
    well of Moses even after he rebuked him indicates that
    the faithful slave may be indiscreet at times and
    still ultimately be judged as being faithful and
    discreet. This is due to Jehovah’s mercy and not our
    own righteousness, obviously.

Interesting too, is the prophecy of the king of the
    North and South, where the king of the North is said
    to draw some into apostasy by smooth words. As it
    stands, there is a major readjustment of that prophecy
    in order. Until that occurs though it appears that the
    king of the North will continue to mislead some among
    Jehovah’s covenanted people by means of his smoothness
    until the foretold time of the end. Those who are said
    to have insight and who know their God are said to
    come off victorious against the apostasy.

So without question the Society is being steered into
    some rough water. There may well be some of the
    Devil’s agents placed in high places who are trying to
    subtly sabotage the Society from within. I expect the worst.
    After all, Ray Franz was a member of the Governing Body,
    so it’s not like Jehovah wouldn’t allow that sort of thing.
    It should in fact be expected. As the prophecy of Daniel
    says: some will be stumbled but for those who remain
    there is a refining and cleansing.

So, my faith is not shaken by stuff like this. In
    fact, as the foretold apostasy continues to develop,
    my faith and trust in God’s awesome word, and the
    sureness of Christ’s coming kingdom, is only
    strengthened. I encourage all of Jehovah’s Witnesses
    to trust God and hold on tightly to your faith. It
    appears that Jehovah is about to shake things up real
    good. / You Know

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((You Know)))))

Glad you stuck around YK....thought you might have taken off and left your 'family' behind...

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

YK

Faith not shaken? Well yours isn't in the WTS anyway because your just as much an apostate in their eyes as anyone else here. Lots of others who think the WTS is virtually God are deeply upset.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Patriot
    Patriot

I hear you YK,

Only thing that really bothers me though is the way you and other JWs always say things like:
    "...it’s not like Jehovah wouldn’t allow that sort of thing."

Why is it that if its something good, then Jehovah provided us, but when it's bad then Jehovah allowed it to happen?

There is really no intelligent reasoning with that kind of thinking.
    The WTBTS has gotten itself in and out of many jams using that same line of thinking. It's really not fair to those that know better but refuse to do anything about it because they don't want to wind up getting DF or reprooved.

It's really sad to see someone as intelligent as yourself be convinced over and over and over and over again with the same lame excuse.

Mav.-

• You Know
    You Know
    Lots of others who think the WTS is virtually God are deeply upset.

As well they should be. The prophecy of Daniel that I referred to said that some would be stumbled but that 'those knowing their God would prevail and act effectively.' It should be evident that those who worship the Watchtower don't really know Jehovah. Because there obviously are many Witnesses whose "faith" is in the Watchtower rather than in God and Christ, it is appropriate that such ones be confronted with a test like this. In the 1st century there were many of the Corinthians who were mere followers of Paul or Appolos. Likewise, many of the early Bible Students evidently idolized "Pastor Russell." So, it really shouldn't be surprising that a number of Jehovah's Witnesses today are merely following men. That's why God allows tests like this in the first place. All I have say to apostates who are busy trying to exploit this blunder so as to present this stumbling block before as many of their families and former friends as possible: What you are doing get done more quickly. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    Why is it that if its something good, then Jehovah provided us, but when it's bad then Jehovah allowed it to happen?

Because that's the truth. / You Know

• Patriot
    Patriot

I once was late to a meeting because I could not find parking. An elder told me that that was Satan that did'nt want me to get to the meeting on time.

A few weeks later I found a parking spot right away and th same elder said that, that was Jehovah that "held" that spot for me.

YK says that thats the truth. That just proves my point that the WT refuses to take responsability for ANYTHING.

Its always God who did it or did not do it. Don't you see that you sound just as stupid as Adam when he tried to blame God for what he did by saying that "...it was the woman that YOU gave me...".

Truely pathetic-

Mav.-

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hi You KNow:

This quote of yours intrigued me:

"So, it really shouldn't be surprising that a number of Jehovah's Witnesses today are merely following men."

Are you reffering to the F&DS by whom the people are following?

It sounds to me like you are making an argument that you don't have to be a JW to be saved, and that the JW's themselves do not sole possesion of "the truth", for to be a JW, you MUST follow the F&DS.

Can you explain what you meant by that statement?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

YK, I feel soooo sorrryyyy for you. I say this with all sincerity of heart. I really do feel for you. You must really love the WTS, your God, so much. No matter what the leaders do, you will always dig into the bible and find an example of someone to use as an excuse.

It must be so hard for you to see your God making these mistakes with his organization that he uses. And to see him stumbling his own children -- because, of course, you know that if he is guiding the WTS and they affiliated with the UN and people are "stumbled" because of it then it is really Jehovah who stumbled them. And where, by the way, is Jesus in all of this? If he really has been running the show since 1914, he's a pretty incompetent leader.

Never lose your faith in your God, You Know. After all, there is nowhere to go. All other religions make mistakes too. But of course, those religions can't use the bible characters as their excuse because it doesn't apply to them. The GB has already staked a claim to those bible characters. So they can't possibly apply to any other religious leaders who have also made mistakes.

But you already know that, don't you. You Know, I'm glad you are able to withstand all of these "stumbling blocks" It would be a sad day indeed if you were ever "stumbled" by the Governing Body whom you worship as your God by giving absolute obedience to them the way we are required to give only to God. Take care, You Know.

• You Know
    You Know
    I once was late to a meeting because I could not find parking. An elder told me that that was Satan that did'nt want me to get to the meeting on time.

That's silly.

A few weeks later I found a parking spot right away and th same elder said that, that was Jehovah that "held" that spot for me.

So is that.

YK says that thats the truth. That just proves my point that the WT refuses to take responsability for ANYTHING.

Well, Jehovah allowed that elder to say dumb stuff like that didn't he. Seriously though, you missed the point entirely. Jehovah does hold the Watchtower responsible. Just as he held Moses responsible for his blasphemy God will hold his slaves responsible as well. As I have pointed out many times, the 16th chapter of Luke indicates that the master will punish even his faithful slave with a few strokes. The Devil and his apostate seed aren't satisfied with that though, they want blood. But Jehovah is the judge and he has already recorded his judgments as far as his organization is concerned. For individuals it's a different thing, but the outcome of legal case involving his organization is in no doubt, for those who know and accept God's word that is.

Its always God who did it or did not do it. Don't you see that you sound just as stupid as Adam when he tried to blame God for what he did by saying that "...it was the woman that YOU gave me...".

You are the one with the intelligence problem here. I am not blaming God. Obviously God allowed the Devil to tempt Adam and Eve did he not? But, there's a big difference between allowing something and causing something. God allowed Jesus to be betrayed by an apostate apostle, does that mean God caused it? Of course not. All I am pointing out is that God's word foretold that his faithful slave would get himself into a jam by his foolishness and that our apostate enemies will exploit our blunders. I am not saying that our mistakes are God's fault, only that our miscues do not exclude us from being God's people. Neither does God's foreknowledge make him responsible for the act. It does however vindicate him and allow him to use imperfect men to accomplish his will even as he disassociates himself from OUR mistakes. It's beautiful really. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit