The Greatest Answer In the History of the World!

by smellsgood 27 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

""Thighland"

LOL! I love thighs but I am more of an assman myself.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Yes, yes, I'm a contradictory mix of emotions for the girl. I do feel sorry for her, at the same time I find her answer too hysterical not to laugh about. It definitely was the worst question of the five, and certainly the best answer of any pageant I've seen.

btw: the guy at the end wasn't a judge, someone edited that in after the fact. The judges don't say anything in response, I think that's a good policy.

freeme: Ah, I felt you might be foreign. Wie geht es Ihnen heute?
    There was actually this program about how Europeans perceived the U.S. on PBS last night. It was very interesting, and very much what I would expect. I agree with some of what they feel, but there was one British snob in particular who called us all idiots. Only an idiot would call 300 million people she didn't know idiots.

its because i feel like the US is ultimately self-fascinated. Big NATIONAL sports events (NBA, NHL, etc) are somehow BIGGER than international ones (contrary to EUROPE),

smellsgood: I think sports has less to do with any self-fascination than other factors.

One of the biggest factors in the development of America is simply Geography. By living in Germany, you have Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, the Netherlands, etc, all of Europe really close at hand, Americans have other States with very similar sort of Americans in the next state. Where you have France, someone in Utah has Nevada, or California. People speak the same language, have the same President, the same media, all across the country (of course there's immigrants). We are encompassed East And West by vast Oceans.

This and many other factors I believe lead to a kind of isolation that can plant our eyes more steadily on ourselves than the world. However, I think it is an insidiously cultivated attitude, along with the what has become the rather narrowing vision of the 'American Dream,' poor education with regard to the World, as well as just person by person selfishness. And yet...

Americans privately are still by far the most generous people on the planet. We give more to causes for needs all over the world than any other country of people PRIVATELY. We could still do more.

the news on US news sites are incredible dominated by US events. Patriotism is big, USA rules! ;)

smellsgood: I think that whether or not current events in the private and public life of America detract from it, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are documents which are awe-inspiring for their scope and breadth, simplicity and genius. I personally when I think of America, think of these documents, what it meant for them to experience freedom of religion, speech, etc. What the purpose was, and what America was made to be and I think still stands for today. It is liberty.

I think Americans today are spoiled and undereducated about even their own Country. It is sad, they don't know what they got. But of course, I would just as happily live in any of the free countries of the Western World.

<<<<They are just not interested in the rest of the world :)>>>>

I would say that is right and wrong. I think Americans are interested, I know I don't go a day without thinking about other places and people in the world. I know many people like that.

<<< And those dont listen in schools when it comes to other countries as well.>>>>

True, cliches can get the best of a country. It's a shame that the American students behaved so stupidly. But they were kids, maybe you haven't had enough encounters with adult Americans?? Besides, education about the world is quite poor in my experience. But I only attended one school.

I have no bad feelings about most European countries or people. In fact, I just feel interested in them, their language, culture, history, art.

• Mary
    Mary

Good lord.....Charlie Russell's explanation of pyramidology made more sense that that rambling..........

• Spectre
    Spectre

I love her and want to have her babies.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Spectre if you do, please video tape!! I would pay to see that! A man in labour that is!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Someone please f*** her brains back IN.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

She said those things because George W. Bush had a microphone and was talking into her ear and she was repeating the answer he gave her.

• RAF
    RAF

I love her and want to have her babies. ... I'm sure she's good in a lot of other things (don't worry she'll find a way out) Also from experience, next time she'll pay attention to the question!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit