Are You Happy With What you've discovered in Life After being a JW ?

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I love you too Nvr, but there are conditions. You have to do 5 deep knee bends in the morning and sleep facing south. I would also prefer, if you use colgate toothpaste, and stop wearing leather ties. Ok I'm just kidding. I have to make some kind of policies you know. My structure collapsed many years ago.

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Flip. in answer to your question. No I'm not happy with what I discovered because I was living in the wrong mindset. I was in severe depression with a head full of garbage and hurt. It led me down a painful road with no connections. I learned things that I wouldn't have otherwise, but I think things could have been a lot better if there were just one person I could have had as a freind to either go through this with or even someone I could have trusted. I think leaving ,works out for some, but I know very well there are many who end up as lost souls, those ones we will never hear about. I'm lucky, but still bitter.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Yes, I have been amazed. I expected a lonely pointless life without friends. Instead I have a wonderful life with too many friends to keep up with. I have many people of all walks of life that I would trust the keys of my house with and "worldly friends" that I trust my life with.

There is so much to learn, so many brilliant people, each day I am still amazed as if I have woken out of a 35 year coma.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, even with all of life's problems I am happier outside the borg than I ever would have been inside that madness, the stuff of nighmares.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I feel more at peace not being in the borg. Since I was raised in the borg, I spent the majority of my life in a loveless state amongst the majority of the people I spent time with. Now, I spend time with people who genuinely love me. I have friends that truly are closer than family. I have dates with real men. I have dates period. It is nice to be found attractive--looks and personality. Guys "in the world" tend to like a woman with a viewpoint. It is very refreshing. I also am going to school without all the guilt piled on. I no longer am conflicted on whether I want to spend an eternity in paradise being monitored by the gestapo...

Great topic Flipper! Loves & chaste kisses, FreeGirl

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Although I was raised JW and left at 18, I am still happier now. I don't have people judgeing me for every little thing I do or do not do, I have friends and family (non-JW) who love me for me and not for what they want me to be.

I'm free to be happy and live life fully not waiting or expecting to be destroyed any day now!

nj

• snowbird
    snowbird

Great topic, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper. I'm happy to discover that I can have a relation with My Lord and Savior without anyone else getting in the way. As a wise older lady once said, "What we need is more kneeology and less theology." To borrow one of your closing expressions, peace to you.

Snowbird

• Brigid
    Brigid

Quick answer: ABSOLUTELY!!! I sometimes liken myself to an immigrant who comes to a new, abundant country full of possibilities. The world is my canvas upon which to paint all of my unending potential. It's like I was born and raised in a coffin til the time I broke free. At least now I have choices.

And now I can breathe.

~B.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Life is SO much better its shocking to me. Some times I almost expect to wake up feeling guilty for having a dream in which all my deepest longings have come true and then I realize THIS is now my life. THIS IS THE REAL LIFE!!! No more marking time doing repetitive and mindnumbingly dull activities, no more watching life going by, waiting for something that means SOMETHING to me! I can't even express how much better my life is.

I like the idea of focusing on how much better things are now, instead of grieving over the years lost, so thanks for the great topic, Mr. Flipper!

brunn

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Technically I'm still a JW (as a fader), but the short answer is ....YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!

I savour the freedom, not having to report hours of Field Service, sleeping in on Saturday mornings, enjoying meeting-free evenings and weekends with my husband, attending university, taking extra classes, fostering new and treasured friendships.

Life was meant to be happy, not depressing with the continuous cycle of impending doom.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for your responses, I'll answer one by one.

SWEET STUFF- Glad to hear it's going well with you and your kids! Ah, yes sleeping in on Saturday mornings , heavenly.

R.F.- Wish you the best too, r.f. My son is 22 and he feels the same . He's excited as well about pursuing new learning experiences in life. Good luck,bud.

WORLDTRAVELLER- Yes, worldtraveller, witnesses don't know how to respond to people "outside the box". They are just told by their leaders everybody outside their church is " worldly ". Don't take it too personal, your friend is just brainwashed.

DOBBIE- Isn't that what life is all about? Our family, security , and being happy? Good luck on your new upcoming baby. May he or she be happy and healthy. Yes, Mrs. Flipper and I are happy.

ANGRY KANGAROO- I know how you feel about being shunned. I have an "elder " brother and sister who say I'm not welcome in their home either unless I go back to meetings. Oh well, like you, I too have a great unbelieving wife who loves me. It helps.

PRINCESS DAISY BOO- I too believe in living in the here and now and enjoying the life we have presently. It's the only life we have, might as well enjoy it. I read psychology books which emphasize positive thinking.

WTWIZARD- Good list of things you enjoy. Causes less stress in our lives not having to go to meetings, service, and assemblies. I used to fall asleep at meetings and assemblies anyway.

TYRONE- Tyrone, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper just want to say hi, and we love you too like NVR. One condition though, you switch to using crest toothpaste, much more effective. Also sleep with your head to the north, it improves sanity. Then we'll get along just fine. Just teasing! Just want you to know you have friends here in us, bro. Hang in there, peace to you.

JWFACTS- So glad you have friends you can trust. It sure is like waking from a coma when you start anew outside the org.

MRS.JONES- Very happy you aren't having any jw nightmares anymore. Sometimes I still dream about meetings, assemblies, etc. Drives me nuts, and I haven't attended for 4 years. Then I wake up and was glad it's only a dream.

FREEGIRL2006- Very nice to hear you are going to school and on dates with nice guys. A lot of us have friendswho love us unconditionally now. Me & Mrs. Flipper send our love back to you!

EX-NJ-JW- It's so nice to be loved for what you are and not some pre-conditioned idea someone hasof what you should be. I'm not scared of armageddon either.

SNOWBIRD- Glad to know you and the lord are tight. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Peace out.

BRIGID- Yes indeed! Glad you are able to fullfill your potentials now!! We all broke out of the Watchtower, Bible and Coffin Society. LOL.

BRUNNHILDE- I know what you mean. We have to pinch ourselves sometime and feel good about what we have discovered outside the org. in our new life. We were conditioned to feel guilty about everything so it's training our minds to not feel that way anymore!!

FREQUENT FADER- Sleeping in is great! And congradulations on your schooling, hope that goes well with you as well as your fading. Peace out to everybody, thanks. Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit