Are You Happy With What you've discovered in Life After being a JW ?

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yup. "Worldly" people ain't that bad!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Are You Happy With What you've discovered in Life After being a JW ?

If only I could get the demon attacks to go away... it would be peachy.

gotdamn smurfs.

• parakeet
    parakeet

flipper wrote: "Are you happy with what you've discovered in life after being a JW?"

• oompa
    oompa

no i am so far from happy. my wife and son still go to all the meeting without me, and this makes me sad and I feel some guilt becuase I love them, yet i dont go with them. i have prayed for amnesia so that i could block out all the REAL truths I know that have caused me to change. I no longer pray for my family at dinner, i figure maybe they have a better connection.

My friends of many years actually understand, but their mates dont so I cant associate like i used to, go to the lake, the beach, volleyball. It will take awhile to replace all this, and I really dont want to have to leave everyone, just to be me and free.

I have discovered I do not need to get drunk everynight to dull my mind so I could stay in this outfit. So at least sober now, but not happy.

far far from happy.....oompa

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- Glad to hear you also have met nice people in the world, I have too, nice people.

IP-SEC- Yeah, damn demons! Hide those Ouija boards guy, maybe the demons will leave!!

PARAKEET- Yes, thats true, we gotta eat. Then I'm a glutton for happiness, then.

OOMPA- So sorry to hear about your loss of your wife and kids at this time. I feel for you. This religion tries to steal everything from us, our kids, you name it. I also have 2 daughters 20 and 19 in the org. who barely will even talk with me, so yes it hurts. Just remember oompa you have friends here that care and are going through similar things. Hang in there my friend. Feel free to pm me if you ever want to talk more about it. Peace to you, Mr. Flipper

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Am I happy that I can do whatever I want in my life with whomever I want and not feel an ounce of guilt about it? Am I happy that I can expand my mind with information not published by the WTBTS? Am I happy to now be associating with people who aren't going to scrutinize and pass judgment on my every action? Am I happy that I don't have to bother people at their homes with my idiotic religion because I believe I will be destroyed at Armageddon, which is coming very shortly, if I don't? I think you get the picture.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The demons aren't as bad as i thought they'd be.

One of them has awful gas though.

Who knew?

• samiam2b
    samiam2b

Hi Flippers!

Now that you mention it I am happier out than I was in, on a selfish level. Like you I have kids in and understand the pain involved.

Another observation, self reflection mostly... is a number of things that have occured in my intra and post JW life have made me somewhat bitter about things that people do. I also sense a lot of bitterness in various posters in this forum but have never seen that in the Flippers. I appreciate that very much. I try hard not to think/feel/express bitterness but find that to be extremely challenging. Some of the more sensitive personalities read my occasional sarcasm as bitterness although it seems to be an outlet in an effort to cause the opposite. Does that even make sense?

Thank you for being you.

samiam2b

• KW13
    KW13

Life is a beautiful thing and despite the scary parts and my own problems that i have, i know i'd much rather be down than unable to decide for myself what is right and wrong. So many people are in that Organization, stuck with having to follow stupid rules by men who dictate what they should and should not do, just because they can.

History has proven the Society wrong, so will the future when nothing happens. So many think they'll never see death, my mum never thought i'd see the end of high school yet alone my son being born. Maybe this enough will jolt some into thinking for themselves again.

• memario
    memario

NO, I MISS IT ALL!!

YA RIGHT!

(the half intoxicated worldly class "BRB" oopps excuse me!)

mem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit