What is your opinion of prayer?

by journey-on 70 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    n...: Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. ~Author Unknown

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish. ~Author Unknown

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. ~Frederick Douglass, escaped slave

Two hands clasped in prayer can do more than a zillion idle hands.

Give a man a rod and you'll be able to feed him for a life time, give a man the opportunity to meet Jesus and he'll live forever while he repents and gives his life to Him.

I asked God for wisdom and he gave me problems to solve.

hibie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Two hands clasped in prayer can do more than a zillion idle hands.

ya thats righty I think Terry had a thread bout this a while back. Oh ya... something about faith and lazy wankers.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Total waste of time.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

It's proven not to work, could be that the participant on the other end is not there.....I guess will just have to make the world a better place all by are selves......work work work

• saywhat?
    saywhat?

I still pray every night. But I am not sure who to pray to, Jehovah or Jesus. Can someone please clarify?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My business greatly improved when I stopped praying and started "doing".

My interpersonal connections became richer and more meaningful when I stopped praying.

I am much closer with and more emotionally available to my son since I stopped praying.

Not praying has greatly enhanced the quality of my life.

I feel the power of non-prayer everyday.

• watson
    watson

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. ~Author Unknown

I believe there is another thread running tonight that addresses this subject....

• 5go
    5go
    I still pray every night. But I am not sure who to pray to, Jehovah or Jesus. Can someone please clarify?

Be safe pray to both, or neither; I recomend neither.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I believe there is another thread running tonight that addresses this subject....

You surely mean this one, watson?

Golden Moments In Jazz Music - It gets no better than this!

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Pray to me Homerovah, and send some money

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit