Please share a quote that you enjoy...

by nvrgnbk 182 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The wise person says, "I am looking for the truth," and the fool, "I have found the truth."
    - Russian proverb

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You must look into other people as well as at them. Lord Chesterfield

By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property.- Voltaire

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

• BFD
    BFD

"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." Marcus Aurelius

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

These are some of the best I've ever seen.

Thanks, everybody.

I really love Carl Sagan...

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

"You only buy a good tool once." - unknown

I have no idea who came up with that. For a long time I thought it was something my father told me, but I think that was just wishful thinking that he actually ever taught me anything, For all I know, I might have made it up. I have found it to be true though. Every single time I buy a piece of crap tool thinking it's great that I saved some money, it breaks and I have to end up buying what I should have bought in the first place.

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda. This one motivates me in a geeky sort of way.

I think these are funny:

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

"Who in their right mind would ever need more than 640k of ram!?" -- Bill Gates, 1981.
  • ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

The day you don't learn or see something new, will be the day you die........ What she meant is that no matter how small or insignificant it may be you will learn or see something new each day!

A nursing instructor that taught my pyschology class 1984

• changeling
    changeling

"Life sucks and then you die".

changeling

• poppers
    poppers

"Never trust a smiling dog."

poppers' brother

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. From Invictus by William Ernest Henley ...Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed. ...I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit