Please share a quote that you enjoy...

by nvrgnbk 182 Replies latest jw friends

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

'Always treat a redhead gingerly'. - Mine

tim

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

altMark S. [1967- ] American designer from Atlanta, an important figure Gwyneth's life who always cheers her up when needed.

"I want to hear you say something positive about yourself! Like, 'I own my own business AND I have rockin' tits!'"

Those words have gotten me through many a tough time.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    EpicurusIs God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
  • Clam
    Clam

LOVE IS BLIND, BUT MARRIAGE IS AN EYE OPENER!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    unknownPeople who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs
  • journey-on
    journey-on

A day during which we have laughed is a day that has not been wasted!

To err is human, but to blame someone else shows management potential.

• PEC
    PEC

Idolatry is committed, not merely by setting up false gods, but also by setting up false devils; by making men afraid of war or alcohol, or economic law, when they should be afraid of spiritual corruption and cowardice.

Gilbert Chesterton

• PEC
    PEC

It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.

W. Somerset Maugham

• PEC
    PEC

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Rita Mae Brown

• PEC
    PEC

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate now knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

Henri Nouwen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit