Please share a quote that you enjoy...

by nvrgnbk 182 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    ;Bertrand Russell

Bertrand Russell [1872 - 1970] British philosopher, logician, essayist, and social critic, best known for his work in mathematical logic and analytic philosophy and was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1950. His essays include, "Am I an Agnostic or an Atheist?" and "Why I am not a Christian"

"Religion is based, I think, primarily and mainly upon fear. It is partly the terror of the unknown and partly, as I have said, the wish to feel that you have a kind of elder brother who will stand by you in all your troubles and disputes. Fear is the basis of the whole thing -- fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand." Why I Am Not A Christian

"And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence." What is an Agnostic?

• PEC
    PEC

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact than a drunken man is happier than a sober one.

George Bernard Shaw

• PEC
    PEC

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace.

Jimi Hendrix

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace.

Jimi Hendrix

Amen.

• PEC
    PEC

They have exiled me now from their society and I am pleased, because humanity does not exile except the one whose noble spirit rebels against despotism and oppression. He who does not prefer exile to slavery is not free by any measure of freedom, truth and duty.

Kahil Gibran

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

A LOVER is someone who is concerned with everything you do.

A LOVER is someone to call upon during good and bad times.

A LOVER is someone who understands whatever you do.

A LOVER is someone who tells you the truth about yourself.

A LOVER is someone who does not compete with you.

A LOVER is someone who is genuinely happy for you when things go well.

A LOVER is someone who tries to cheer you up, when things don't go well.

A LOVER is an extension of yourself without which you are not complete.

Thank you for being my LOVER and my FRIEND.--------PEC

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That was beautiful, Barbie Doll!

• PEC
    PEC

• PEC
    PEC

That which has always been accepted by everyone, everywhere, is almost certain to be false.

Paul Valery

• PEC
    PEC

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.

Tacitus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit