Please share a quote that you enjoy...

by nvrgnbk 182 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive.

Bugs Bunny

BB

• PEC
    PEC

To love someone is to identify with them.

Aristotle

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

bumble bee, i thought that was ferris bueller. maybe he was quoting. lol

another one is, god is an imaginary friend for adults.

i know morgan freeman said that in a movie, i just can't remember which one.

• PEC
    PEC

For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.

Charles Bukowski

• PEC
    PEC

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.

Aldous Huxley

• changeling
    changeling

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." Abraham Joshua Hechel

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

tooooooga....tooooooooga..........toooooooga........TOGA.......TOGA..........TOGA.......

ANIMAL HOUSE.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

bigd -

Your comment got me to do some checking!! That is actually a quote from Elbert Hubbard. I had originally just copied that from a site that had different quotes and didn't check the author.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbert_Hubbard

Thanks!

BB

• changeling
    changeling

"When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one and a lily with the other". Chinese proverb

• PEC
    PEC

You can convince anyone of anything if you just push it at them 100% of the time. They may not believe it completely, but they will still use it to form opinions, especially if they have nothing else to draw on.

Charles Manson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit