Very Sad

by geevee 24 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While your point is taken, let's understand the cult member.
    She is going to die. She feels good serving her God (the WTS) by doing this.
    If she stayed at home, the dubs wouldn't criticize her, but her already-embedded
    fears get her to do this. That is the ridiculous part you are pointing out.

She's probably heard the story about the "sister" in an iron-lung who continued
    to "preach" to whomever would come near to her.

• PEC
    PEC

She has to spend those last days serving Jehovah men; so, she can get resurrected. F*cking sick cult.

Philip

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

I am 76 years old. Even though I have long since (1983) decided that many of the doctrines of the WT are not taught in the Bible the way they believe them, I understand the mentality of this woman. I believe that although we do not get salvation from works, I am convinced that some "works" please God and that is what I want to do. I realize that going from door to door, even as a Christian, is not required by God. (I thank Him for that, as going from door to door used to make me physically ill) she feels like it is pleasing God. My motive was to serve God and His son Jesus, it was not because I thought the WT required it, I thought it was pleasing God. Our last acts on earth give us peace. She is doing what she feels will please God and bring her blessing, and it will.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Its very sad indeed, because she is motivated alright, by FEAR, because the God she has become conditioned, as jwfacts said, to believe in... one scary MOFO who just might say, ahh well, you did your best for 50 years but where was your faith near the end sister?? Sorry, not good enough, NEXT!!

Its not faith motivating a dying woman who is physically ill to the point of not eating to go on RV, its FEAR!! That is the truely sad part.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think everyone who is saying the woman was acting out of fear is projecting just a little. You may as well say all religious actions are based on fear. I don't think that's a fair statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit