Very Sad

by geevee 24 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I see what you're saying JD. It's just sad that her convictions are based on a delusion.

changeling

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

if the spunky old girl is determined to do as much as she can while she can, I am sure that it will do her good

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sounds like my aging parents. I'm sure they'll be doing similar acts of self-flagellation as they near death' door.

Scully said:

"That'll make a fine guilt-inducing example for Awake! readers in an upcoming article with a title something like "Could You Do More?" "

Amen Sister!!

Anybody remember reading the guilt article about the sister who lived in an iron lung? Now, what's your excuse? Get out there 'ya lazy, sheep!!

Open Mind

• geevee
    geevee

Thanks for the comments. I do realize it is her choice to live out her days as she wishes.
    It just grates me that as mentioned she will now be held up as an example for others to follow.
    The whole thing is such a waste of life...not just time. I wonder what she will think, after she passes and wakes in heaven?

• anewme
    anewme

Open Mind I remember that example of the sister who witnessed from the iron lung! OMG! We had no chance!!!!
    Or how about the sister who made it to the convention despite having no legs and having to ford streams with crocodiles?(or some such ridiculous story)

Those stories were always one upping you. No one could match the faith of the outstanding faithful ones!
    Thats the kind of faithful worshiper Jehoober is looking for! Yeah A NUT CASE!

I wrote somewhere else here today that you can knock yourself out for this group for years, but have one little problem and they kick you to the curb. OUTTA HERE!!!!!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Just plain nuts.

• BFD
    BFD
    Anybody remember reading the guilt article about the sister who lived in an iron lung? Now, what's your excuse?

I smoke. I'd blast us both to kingdom come!

I agree that the WTS will use this example as a weapon. I am slowly coming to realize what a tiny blip JWs are in the big picture. No doubt the WTS has contributed to my misery so therefore it's very important to me to try to make things right. The fact is, most people don't really care about whatever my private JW misery is. And, that's why I've never been able to share about my own private misrey to anyone before I found JWD. I'm happy to have found this support.

It doesn't really matter to me if the tower falls. They'll be another to follow. Undoubtedly more private miseries to endure and on and on.

Life is funny. Life is not fair. Life is full of distractions.

Life is in the moment of every experience.

Thank you, Simon you anti-american frothing at the mouth apostate.

BFD

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    I admire anyone with such convictions

I don't think it is conviction, it is conditioning. After so longer mindlessly doing what you are told, you just keep doing it, beyond when commonsense tells you it is time to stop.

• geevee
    geevee

Hi jwfacts. That is what I am on about. Conditioning. The in-laws were admiring the effort, until we said that it was ridiculous. Then for a brief moment, they stopped, thought and agreed. Then the jw mindset kicked back in and they changed the subject!

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

That's terrible!!! If dying of cancer isn't enough of an excuse to not go out in service, I don't know what is!

Now people in her congregation will be compared to her for the next 50 years: "If sister so-and-so could go out in service when she was dying of cancer, surely you won't let a little ailment prevent you from going!" Ugh. I really feel for the poor woman. Loyal to the end . .

I agree, 28 years ago a friend of mine, a young sister (19) died of cancer. The memorial talk included comments about how on her last week of life, in the hospital, she submitted a FSR for 4 hours. I remember thinking at the time "how sick" they think more of her field service time and what she did for them.... Someone else made the comment about CONDITIONING that's exactly what it is. GUILT. FEAR. Call it what you want. Thats how JW's work. So sad for this old lady. She should be in the Hospital getting warm loving care to make her as comfortable as possible. Not in a stupid car group. OMG I can't stand it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit