evidence of angelic direction

by tank 30 Replies latest jw friends

• tank
    tank

I just came across this on the official watchtover web site www.watchtower.org/

"

Jehovah's Witnesses spend more than a billion hours annually preaching the good news of God's Kingdom. While performing this work, they see evidence of angelic direction. In their door-to-door ministry, it has often occurred that they contact individuals who had just been praying for someone to help them understand God's purposes. Angelic guidance, along with the Witnesses' own initiative, has resulted in hundreds of thousands coming to a knowledge of Jehovah each year!"

"

If you spend a billion hours in service of course you will eventually meet someone who just prayed. Its got nothing to do with angels, I just cant take this crap. What do you think?

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Welcome Tank.

I doubt JW's have Angelic direction.

• freeme
    freeme

these "prayed-and-witnesses-knocked-in-the-next-minute"-experiences are emphasized.

even in my local congregation ive heard of such stories. i dont know how the odds are that such things happen by chance.

i dont know whats up with that. its sometimes creepy to hear such stories. but i dont know whether they are true, overstated or lied in some cases.

how do other religions perform on that?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I agree with you. The odds are that after that many hours of door knocking, they HAVE to find someone that was just praying.

If only the r&f could see that.

By the way...Welcome.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I heard a story in the Kingdom Hall that goes like this.

Long ago, far far away, a man shot some sales guy that knocked on his door. When the cops arrested this maniac, they asked why the JW that knocked on his door moments before did not get shot. He stated that he decided to kill the next person who comes to his door, but could not because they JW had two huge dudes standing behind her.

Even back then I speculated that this was an exageration. Surely this story just goes around and around and around ad nauseum. It all horse sh... oops almost said something nasty..

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What you say is exactly right.

I think that was the same article that went on to say “In addition, Jehovah's angels can maneuver matters so that any who cause others to stumble are removed from among Jehovah's people.” Watchtower 2007 Mar. 1 p.24

If that is the case, why do I know Ministerial Servants simultaneously practicing homosexuality. Why are long standing practicing adulterers and pedophiles still elders.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Because Jehovah will reveal their wicked works and remove them when the time is right. WAIT ON JEHOVAH BROTHER!

:-)

• monophonic
    monophonic

i wonder if there's the same experience w/ mormons, UPS delivery men and women, political activists, etc.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Tank,

WELCOME to the forum! I totally agree with you!! It is a numbers game!! Like you said , that much time out there, they are bound to come across someone who was just praying!

Just another self appointed claim!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Liberty
    Liberty

My wife was a Southern Baptist and they had exactly the same stories about themselves, as do Mormons, Moonies, Catholics, etc. Everyone who believes in make believe make up make believe stories to reinforce the "reality" of their fantasy/delusion. They also take a few real events that are not that miraculous and inflate them into super natural events.

Also, as others have pointed out, when you have a population of people where 95% claim to believe in God is it really a "miracle" that in a random door to door calling among such a population you are going to find someone who had just been praying? You have over a 90% chance of running across people who pray on a regular basis, big deal. Using this logic Angels must be assisting me in finding people who have had a bowel movement "that very same day" when I randomly meet people on the street.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit