evidence of angelic direction

by tank 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Hermano
    Hermano
    But the number of not at homes (why would the angels waste resources on not at homes?) and people that are just plain not interested, including apostates that have moved into the territory (again, why would the angels waste the time on people that are going to start an argument or are not interested?)

I just about to say that very same thing, WTWizard. If the angels are directing the work they are doing a lousy job at it, because most of the doors are people who are not at home or are not interested. What waste of time! Clearly the angels don't understand the importance of this life saving message, and how close we are to the end.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you spend a billion hours in service of course you will eventually meet someone who just prayed. Its got nothing to do with angels, I just cant take this crap. What do you think?

I think your absolutely right.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I myself was guided to a woman in the hospital. She was very ill and refusing reasonable tests. The children had been praying for help. I was just driving home, had not seen her in years, and suddenly decided I ought to say hello. I then recalled she was in the hospital. I went in (just guessing which hospital she might be in)and her children let me talk with her. I was able to convince her to let them do the tests. They were very grateful. I just felt like a had a mission-call that silly- but It was just like that, I had to see this woman.

Another time I was driving around, on errands etc, and I suddenly thought of a prior real estate agent, one I'd liked very much. I wondered how she was . I had never been to her home but she once gave me a vague description of where it was at. I someone how manged to find it, even though I'd never been there before . She was very ill and thinking of suicide. She had cancer. I was very fond of her, and was glad to have been used like this.

I have other experiences, but that is sufficient. I do believe God uses us humans and maybe angles to help those in need. In one case the first woman was a jws, the second one not. Only jws are so silly to believe that God only hears their prayers.

• patientbrother
    patientbrother

exactly Wednesday that was my point in a nutshell, listen heres a perfect story to sum it up the other night my wife and I were watching a documentary about a family with a young child with lukemia, in the hospital room the grandfather lead a family prayer I don't know what religion they were all I know is my wife and I cried, after i managed to squeak in a little something , I said to my wife I cried when the grandpa said that prayer, and my wife said yes you could tell he loves his grandchild, then she added Jehovah hears every ones prayers if it is truly from the heart. ie: not praying at the superbowl for your favorite team to win..etc. any ways flash forward a week , were at the in laws, father in law is a well, I dont want to give out too much info on postion and such but lets just say he is a player in the game that is developing, at any rate the same show was on right before dinner were all watching and when the grandfather was praying my father in law gives like a long sigh and kinda huffs , and says " alot of good that will do , praying to a false God!" let me tell you all , as strongly as you all feel , I cannot describe the sickening feeling I had in my stomach at that remark, this is why im not a servant becuase like Uriah finally (with Jehovahs spirit backing him) laid into Job like no one else could've. So yes I believe Angels help out humans, but guess what? thier individuals too, they have lives , things they like to do, they aren't some sort of heavenly maid service, these are higher intelligent beings who like our heavenly father want us to keep advancing, that's why were all here on this board together isn't it? that's why we've all found each other? And don't think for a second I don't realize some of you haven't lost loved ones in some freak accident, or to disease, or some other tragedy, some one once explained it really simply to me , he asked if i love my kids , i said yes i do , he asked would you protect them from any harm if you could and i said yes , and then he asked me do you let them skateboard? the point being we make our own way, we do what we need to do, in the end there is a plan , you and I dont know for sure exactly what Jesus meant when he said " look im making a new heavens and a new earth" for all you know the ressurection could be taking place already in one place or another and can you imagine your blaming God for not bieng there and being bitter with him when he has already made your loved one whole? anyways ill stop for now its getting late and you all should be in bed anyways and not staring at your computer screens its bad for your eyes lol have a good night.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

When my daughter was a baby she was very ill and the hospital said she needed urgent treatment that may have to involve a blood transfusion, although they said they would start without and see how things went.

We refused to consent to blood - the treatment was started, my daughter pulled through.

The general consensus in the congregation at the time was that it was obviously because of jehovah's blessing that she pulled through without the need for blood.

I believed it...................for a while.................... and then started thinking.

If it was jehovah's intervention that prevented the need for my daughter to need blood on that occasion, what made him withold his blessing from all those children who died and whose pictures were on the front of the May 98(?) Awake? What had they done to prevent them also having jehovah's blessing?

If jehovah is that "involved" in certain people's lives could he not step up his game, and actually start preventing some of the illnesses/accidents that occur that lead people to be sitting in intensive care needing treatment in the first place?

It is all a big con, and is all down to sods law as to whether you are (a) ever in a position to need treatment and (b) whether the treatment will involved blood and (c) whether the treatment is as effective as the medical team hope.

It is the same deal with JWs not being shot in a certain situation when the next person may be. It is all down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or the right place at the right time.

and if there is a god and he happens to be listening, then see this is as a challenge to up your game and improve your standards of success. If you would be so kind.

Just my thoughts.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    If Jehovah is that "involved" in certain people's lives could he not step up his game, and actually start preventing some of the illnesses/accidents that occur that lead people to be sitting in intensive care needing treatment in the first place?

On life and death matters I don't think God intervenes to stop us from dying. I think as far as I know, all die . The afterlife is what is in question.

I do feel that God does intervene, by using persons, like me for instance, (see my post), to help persons. I have not stopped this woman from her death, as all men die. I did help in a minor way. It seems for now God does not appear to step in and stop death. Maybe He is not supposed to. I guess when I reach the 'other side" I will have some answers.

• patientbrother
    patientbrother

I agree whole heartedly wednesday about what happens " after" I don't think of death the same way I used to , yes life is valuable and we shouldn't treat it with a callous attitude life is indeed a gift , but Jesus said plainly who ever tries to save his soul would lose it, I really really wonder some times when I lie in bed at night why was it that he appeared to some of his disciples in different appearances, his looks were different each time, why so important that he " entered a locked room"? when he could've simply knocked? what was the 3rd heaven paul spoke about , and his mentioning " whether in the body or out of the body I do not know" answers to these questions I don't have ... but every day that goes by and the more I read the bible this is just the beginning, this universe has no boundaries, the power of just our " dwarf" sun is incredible to think we were just meant to live our lives even in a paradise condition with out REALLY challenging our minds is ridiculous. When Jesus told peter to simply get out of the boat and walk to him , he was making an incredible point that so many today not just witnesses, people of all kinds of religions miss, they miss the fact that Jesus did not impart any special power to Peter he didn't wave a wand, he didn't snap his fingers or clap his hands he simply said come to me peter, and peter got out and walked on water. 11 other men never got out of the boat, I don't want to be one of those men, wednesday , i'm like you I look up at the sky every night and I pray and give thanks for the things i have but also for the things I know he has in store for those of us who really still are like children at heart who aren't afraid to dream and who still believe in the unbelievable. death is something Satan holds over us, notice he holds no punches with parents? first thing he does is attack the kids, shadrach meshach and abendigo, same thing, worship me or die, they said no and into the furnace they go, were not all saved from death like those three young men and it's clear some of us will die at the hands of another, maybe in a car crash, maybe cancer, but its the unknown that we really shouldn't fear . this one young brother who I know " KNOWS" :) once gave this comment at the hall, he said Jehovah is a father, fathers like to play this game with sons and daughters , we've all done it at one time or another, the kids go up a few stairs then turn and face thier dad, then they say okay dad im gonna jump , and they jump they know that thier father will catch them becuase he loves them, im not talking about putting your life in danger , this isn't satan telling Jesus jump from the top of the temple put God to the test, im talking about a real relationship with Jehovah knowing that he will always take care of us, a bad dad doesn't play that game with his kids and the children definitely woudl'nt jump into his arms. my point is our limited minds only see the here and now, he can make it better, maybe pauls 3rd heaven will become painfully clear some day. a little faith and some trust in our father who has provided day in and day out for us will go a long way. Time for me to shut up now , lol gotta watch these old sanford and son dvds i finally got a hold of :)

• patientbrother
    patientbrother

I agree whole heartedly wednesday about what happens " after" I don't think of death the same way I used to , yes life is valuable and we shouldn't treat it with a callous attitude life is indeed a gift , but Jesus said plainly who ever tries to save his soul would lose it, I really really wonder some times when I lie in bed at night why was it that he appeared to some of his disciples in different appearances, his looks were different each time, why so important that he " entered a locked room"? when he could've simply knocked? what was the 3rd heaven paul spoke about , and his mentioning " whether in the body or out of the body I do not know" answers to these questions I don't have ... but every day that goes by and the more I read the bible this is just the beginning, this universe has no boundaries, the power of just our " dwarf" sun is incredible to think we were just meant to live our lives even in a paradise condition with out REALLY challenging our minds is ridiculous. When Jesus told peter to simply get out of the boat and walk to him , he was making an incredible point that so many today not just witnesses, people of all kinds of religions miss, they miss the fact that Jesus did not impart any special power to Peter he didn't wave a wand, he didn't snap his fingers or clap his hands he simply said come to me peter, and peter got out and walked on water. 11 other men never got out of the boat, I don't want to be one of those men, wednesday , i'm like you I look up at the sky every night and I pray and give thanks for the things i have but also for the things I know he has in store for those of us who really still are like children at heart who aren't afraid to dream and who still believe in the unbelievable. death is something Satan holds over us, notice he holds no punches with parents? first thing he does is attack the kids, shadrach meshach and abendigo, same thing, worship me or die, they said no and into the furnace they go, were not all saved from death like those three young men and it's clear some of us will die at the hands of another, maybe in a car crash, maybe cancer, but its the unknown that we really shouldn't fear . this one young brother who I know " KNOWS" :) once gave this comment at the hall, he said Jehovah is a father, fathers like to play this game with sons and daughters , we've all done it at one time or another, the kids go up a few stairs then turn and face thier dad, then they say okay dad im gonna jump , and they jump they know that thier father will catch them becuase he loves them, im not talking about putting your life in danger , this isn't satan telling Jesus jump from the top of the temple put God to the test, im talking about a real relationship with Jehovah knowing that he will always take care of us, a bad dad doesn't play that game with his kids and the children definitely woudl'nt jump into his arms. my point is our limited minds only see the here and now, he can make it better, maybe pauls 3rd heaven will become painfully clear some day. a little faith and some trust in our father who has provided day in and day out for us will go a long way. Time for me to shut up now , lol gotta watch these old sanford and son dvds i finally got a hold of :)

• patientbrother
    patientbrother

• wednesday
    wednesday

patientbrother

i think you may be having an epiphany of a sorts. I'd really like to read what you have to say, but you need to find a way to format it so it will be in paragraphs. It is so hard to read without paragraphs. Check down at the bottom of your post (before you hit submit, and just hit it one time or it will post several times , as you observe), and you will see there are a couple of boxes to check. try checking one of them. In lieu of that, try just doing it manually.

When i realized the watchtower society changed the baptismal vows to include loyalty to and obedience to the organization, i knew it was not directed by Jehovah.

glad you found the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit