WTS Idea of "Prophecy" – Do You Find This Ridiculous???

by Seeker4 29 Replies latest social humour

• minimus
    minimus

I like names like "The Wanderer" or "The Martian".

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

This is one of the statements that really annoyed me. I can still recall coming home from the book study in the Revelation book where we discussed this matter.

I looked up the word prophecy in the dictionary. It said something like, "to fortell the future as if by divine inspiration."

Well, if you can't understand it until after it happened, it's not a prophecy. It doesn't fortell anything. And if you can't interpret it until afterwards, then the "future" part of the definition falls away, too.

In Watchtower land, a prophecy is defined as, "looking backward to see if what we said can be twisted to make sense."

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol - like 'prophesying' last week's lottery numbers.

• potleg
    potleg

I always thought this was a cop out croc of you know what...of course the WT can interpret, then later when things dont quite work out RE interpret THE TRUE MEANING...

• Quentin
    Quentin

I find anything the wt does to be subject to ridicule...Baawwaaaahaha!!...as to prophecy...those blowhards couldn't predict the time of day with a working watch...let alone a broken one, which unlike them, would give the correct time twice a day..

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

That's the problem with religion, it makes you wonder whether God is full crap, the Bible is full of crap, or the people who are interpreting the Bible are full of crap, or all of the above.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

........and, I do find it ridiculous.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Completely and utterly idiotic is what I call it. The society has declared in big caps, repeatedly that the end is nigh, (prophecy right?) now like a trapped animal with its back to the wall, they say prophecy cannot be understood until afterward. Wow, wonder if I can use that mentality with chocolate?? I am making a prophecy.. if I eat this chocolate it will go straight to my hips, no wait, I take it back! I didnt understand until AFTER I ate the chocolate it would go right to my hips. Yeah that works for me!

Totally insane. I used the example of the bible code, when talking to a friend considering leaving the borg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code

I asked him to explain why Micheal Drosnin could predict, a year prior, the assassination of Israeli Prime Minister, Yitzhak Rabin, in 1995(which did in fact occur) using a Bible code yet "God's Organization" on earth not only had failed at every prediction they had made but when it came back on them, they say they never predicted anything at all. He was a bit stumped by that one. But of course, came up with a very interesting theory that maybe the demons had given this guy the knowledge to disillusion people from the "truth". That one had me in stitches. Doesn't matter whether or not anyone believes in the Bible Code, the guy made a prediction or "prophesied" something, it happened. Yet "God's people" can't get one right, ironic.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

They would probably still get it wrong.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that is pretty lame . In the new testament the church was always encouraged to pray for prophesy , I've never heard a j-dub pray for it . The old testament is clear of what a false prophet is and that is one that predicts things for God then it doesn't happen so they are supposed to be disregarded there after . The same is true in the new testament .IMO

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I would love it if they had a WT that actually spelled out that definition of prophecy, although it's obvious that they live by that philosophy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit