My Sister's Visit

by Sunspot 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am so glad to hear of your visit with your long lost sister. It seems you got kind of screwed both coming and going with the WTS. It is hard to have regrets, but all you can do is what you have done.

I know how precious and important my relationship with my sister is (who else understands our mom's/family nutty stuff??). Watching our kids grow up, being able to express feelings and ideas that even husbands (sorry guys) don't understand (or really want to deal with). I just spent a week in Chicago with my little sister. Best week all year, in spite of tornado warnings, lightning storms,crazy bird attacks and an A/C system that seemed possessed.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hooray, congratulations! And thank you for telling the nicest story, I feel so good now.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Oh, Annie! What an exciting and happy time for you! I was expecting to read one of those nightmare shunning stories, and I am so glad that your sister reached out to you, and that you accepted! How lovely for you both!

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Annie)))

I am so so very happy for you!!!!!!

Which proves: there are happy endings.........or should I say happy beginnings!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing........

Codeblue

• Es
    Es

thats awesome, Im so happy for you

es

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It is so unfair that you were kept from your sister and that your family was so unforgiving. I'm glad you two found each other again. I think you should write your story and submit it to a magazine for publication. We all need to get our stories out there by whatever means necessary to expose this cult

Thanks, Sandra!

I could always submit a story to the AWAKE! magazine but I doubt they would print it, haha! Seriously, though, I wouldn't even know where to begin f I DID decide to do something like that. I think it would appeal only to other former JWs.....so I post these things here :o)

hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Because I don't have the background to your reunion, could you briefly let me know what some of the trouble in your family had been about. I get impression that they're not all JWs but were at one time hurt when you shunned them and are now reluctant to have anything to do with you. Is that the gist of it?

Steve, some of my bio is here on JWD. The idea that my parents held of me becoming a JW and embarrassing the daylights out of them by going door to door was too much and they disowned me. ("HIS DAUGHTER" didn't DO that!) My father pitched a HUGE fit when I didn't celebrate his birthday the year before I was baptized, and he got all blustery, yelling and spewing spittle--the whole works.

My mother was cold and judgmental of EVERYONE anyway, and my poor little sister was caught up in this web of hate and disapproval of anyone that didn't live up to THEIR standards. Then there was the alcoholic end of things, that my sister and I finally covered for the first time and what an impact it had on us growing up this way. It was quite a revelation that she and I both thought that the other had not "noticed" a lot of the stuff they thought they had hidden.

Any way, she married and got away from it too, but knew our parents would be furious if she tried to contact me so she let the sleeping dogs snooze until both parents died....and then contacted the son that associates with me to get my email address. You know the rest from there!

hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I know how precious and important my relationship with my sister is (who else understands our mom's/family nutty stuff??). Watching our kids grow up, being able to express feelings and ideas that even husbands (sorry guys) don't understand (or really want to deal with). I just spent a week in Chicago with my little sister. Best week all year, in spite of tornado warnings, lightning storms,crazy bird attacks and an A/C system that seemed possessed

I had to laugh when reading this----at how many MANY times when speaking with her I said "my mother" or "my father" when relating how I felt about something.....and had to stop and correct myself and realize I can say our father and our mother, or mom and dad on a whole different level than we ever had before as adults!

Her kids are absolutely beautiful and I am looking forward to knowing them too. They are in other states and married and in their 30's now, but it is never too late!

hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I want to thank each of you for replying to this thread. I really appreciate your thoughts and the time you took to put them down.

It is amazing when all the stuff and nonsense gets dumped on us for our heartfelt choices, and how they slap and sting.....but how quickly they can melt away when just ONE beautiful thing happens........

hugs,

Annie

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((Annie))))
    I'm so happy for you!
    May you have many more "BEAUTIFUL THING"S,

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit