The Sh** has hit the fan.....

by ex-nj-jw 38 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think it always hurts when the mother that brought you into the world. The very person you looked up and to and wanted unconditional love from......eternally and forever, becomes so conditional and judgemental.

While growing up, we are at the mercy of our parents, we overlook, suck up, grin, but we still love them, severely abused children love their parents.

So, no matter what we give and endure with nutty parenting, they have the gall to react to us becoming individuals. We know their faults and yet we still love them.

All those times we wanted to RUN FOREST RUN, only to end up being the one duped

purps

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

ps- I can take some of the extra $$ off your hands now that you've cut off your leaching family. Just trying to do all I can to help!

BFD - NO!

Unique1 - be glad you don't have siblings. From what I've seen every family has at least one!

Purps - I just told my 17 year old son last night, "I'm angry at you for what you did (stupid teenage stuff), but I still love you", He says: "I love you too mom, even when you make me mad" LOL!

nj

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Does anyone else have a crazy family? Please say yes someone, because I can't be the only one, can I?

No dear, you are not the only one in the lifeboat.

There are a lot of others who jumped off the sinking SS WATCHTOWER.

My dear mom developed and sold over 400 acres of land a few years ago and can't even spend the interest she earns on the $ each year because she gets so much.

I am the only apostate to rise up out of her litter of offspring and also bear the distinction of being the only one that has been written out of her will.

No phone calls, no letters. When I call the answering service picks up.

The price one pays for having a totally dysfunctional family due to a controlling cult straight out of the bowels of hell.

• KW13
    KW13

Well, at least you've said the things that you felt you needed to say and that you've had the opportunity to express how you feel.

Really sorry about your mum, parents are supposed to be sticking by their children no matter what age.

• TopHat
    TopHat

******sigh****** Does anyone else have a crazy family? Please say yes someone, because I can't be the only one, can I?

YES, YES, YES, I can't even begin to tell you!

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

OW! That hurt!
    You are not crazy. You are not evil. You are not the devil, even if you wake up in the morning with bedhead horns! (Hubby gets these all the time! LOl!)
    You ARE: LOVING, NUTURING, CARING, SELFSACRIFICING, SWEET, LOVABLE, STRONG, COURAGEOUS AND TOO MANY OTHER SUPER GREAT THINGS TO LIST!

Your family on the other hand...UGH! Your mom sounds like she's going off the deep end. She will probably feel she has the right to contact you with anything she wants even though she is telling you to go fly a kite. She is playing the jw game. I think it is hard for those of us who have such controling mothers. It makes Marie off of "Everybody Loves Raymond" seem pretty great!!! You are doing a great job with your family (your husband and children). It is wonderful to know that we are giving our children something our hearts aren't getting.
    Now, go hug those boys and feel the love! You are loved even here!
    Kitten Whiskers

• RebelWife
    RebelWife
    Does anyone else have a crazy family?

YES!!!

If I live to be a hundred
    And never see the seven wonders
    That'll be alright
    If I don't make it to the big leagues
    If I never win a Grammy
    I'm gonna be just fine
    'Cause I know exactly who I am

I am Rosemary's granddaughter
    The spitting image of my father
    And when the day is done
    My momma's still my biggest fan
    Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
    But I've got friends who love me
    And they know just where I stand
    It's all a part of me
    And that's who I am

So when I make big mistake
    When I fall flat on my face
    I know I'll be alright
    Should my tender heart be broken
    I will cry those teardrops knowin'
    I will be just fine
    'Cause nothin' changes who I am

And when the day is done
    It's all a part of me
    And that's who I am

I'm a saint and I'm a sinner
    I'm a loser, I'm a winner
    I'm am steady and unstable
    I am young but I'm able

And when the day is done
    It's all a part of me
    And that's who I am

And when the day is done
    It's all a part of me
    And that's who I am

She's supposed to be your biggest fan. If she were just apathetic, that would be abnormal. To tell you she's always known you were evil is sheer madness. YOU are normal; SHE is utterly insane.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm sorry. Sounds like a typical JW family & JW mom. All black or white.

Get on with life. Do something each day that YOU enjoy. Sending hugs your way.

Skeeter

• Mum
    Mum

Well, nj, you must admit that all of this would make a very funny skit on The Carol Burnett Show. I can't think of a current equivalent to that show. I loved the way the dysfunctional family was portrayed by her, Vicky Lawrence, Harvey Korman, et al.

Families don't have to be dubs to be crazy. But the dub factor does add dimension, drama, texture and chaos. I admire you for having the wisdom to leave at such a young age and to live your life as you saw fit.

There were lots of things my mom wouldn't do because she cared what people thought of her. Lucky break for me. She would say horrible things to me in private or with the immediate family present, but she was self-aware enough to know that it was crazy and would be seen as such by others. When it comes to being crazy, my grandpa put it into words nicely when he said, " The Lord made everybody else, and then took the leftovers and made the Beelers." My maternal grandfather's branch of the family was pretty crazy! But they were not the only ones.

You keep that great attitude you've always had, girlfriend.

In the sisterhood of dysfunction,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit