The Sh** has hit the fan.....

by ex-nj-jw 38 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Mom called me, she got my letter. Yeah you guessed it, I am the devil himself. She told me to never again speak to her, because I'm evil and Satan has taken over my mind, body and any common sense she ever gave me How dare I put her letter on an evil apostate website? Who am I or (you guys) to judge her. Jehover is her judge and she is sure that he is on her side! She always knew that I was evil, yup right from birth (just paraphrasing, I can't even remember all she said - but this is the jist of it)

So, after 24 years of being out of the evil cult and my mother never really shunning me it's official I am now being shunned. I am never to call her again, write her again or contact her in any way.

Funny thing is I am a little hurt by this. Why??? Why should my feelings be hurt? She hasn't done anything for me in 24 years +. I went through 3 pregnancies, 3 childbirth's, a marraige; hell just life in general without her support, love, comfort - nadda, nothing. Yeah, she kept in touch, enough to continue to try and wreak havoc on my family, which I might add she did with my oldest son quite successfully by the way.

I'm not upset, crying - it just kinda feels....I don't know what I feel? I'm still trying to wrap my tiny little brain around this. I have no regrets for sending her the letter, bible, my own letter and the responses I got here. Maybe I was hoping that she would be embarrassed?

She wouldn't give my dad the phone, but he did call me back. His words: You know your mother is crazy, just let it die down and she'll be ok. She's just upset that you would share family information with apostates. Who are these people anyway? What religion are they and who do you worship? I told him that it's not a religion, don't worship anything or anyone. It's just a support group for ex-JW's. Well, I Iove you. How is hubby and the boys?? **am I in the twilight zone**

Ok. let me tell you about the other responses from my siblings (already posted about 3):

Brother's #3&4 - 3 is a die hard JW - He called and said that he was upset by moms letter, but I should just let it go, she's gett'n old and just not able to handle knowing all her children will not be with her in the new system. I gotta be able to understand that, being a mother in all Even though I've turned my back on Jehoober, I'm still a good person, and he's proud of all that I've been able to accomplish, considering I don't have Jehoober in my life He loves me and he's gonna talk to mom, she really shouldn't be doing the things she has done, not scriptural

#4 - in jail, called collect. I got your letter - wow mom is crazy huh? Can you send me some money for my books? WTF??? I have one crazy family My answer was, uhhh NO!

My sister - baby girl - She was horrified that mom would actually write that stuff down and send it to me! What was she thinking? Uhm, my car is broke and I have to get a ride from mom to work, uhm I'll talk to her, but do you think you can send me some money so I can get the car fixed? And, the kids are get'n ready for back to school, can you help me get their school stuff ready?

******sigh****** Does anyone else have a crazy family? Please say yes someone, because I can't be the only one, can I?

Drama, Drama, Drama Well at least she won't be sending any more harrassing mail my way, right?

nj

• Sassy
    Sassy

aweee.. I'm sorry she responded to you like she did..

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Ex

The answer is Yes. Yes to a crazy dubbed out family.

I am sure you are feeling pain despite what you said. It is reaffirming everything you always felt and it hurts.

I am so sorry.

r.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep it hurts - but to these confused souls it is 'love' of the 'tough' sort. Geez.

Thoughts with you.

Jeff

• PEC
    PEC

((((((nj))))))

Well at least she won't be sending any more harrassing mail my way, right?

Not likely.

Sounds like BD's family, a bunch of losers.

nj, do you have any money I can borrow, I stubbed my toe and don't have any money to go to the doctor.

Philip

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

nj, do you have any money I can borrow, I stubbed my toe and don't have any money to go to the doctor.

Uhhhh, NO!! Thanks I needed a laugh and as usual JWD is making me laugh!!! I should tell my dad we worship the laugh god!!!

nj

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You're too good for that shit.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Why should my feelings be hurt? She hasn't done anything for me in 24 years

Probably just because it feels official now. That transition is always hard.

You could view it like when a parent takes a child in for painful but necessary surgery, causing temporary anxiety. Never mind, I just quoted the Live Forever book.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Who am I or (you guys) to judge her. Jehover is her judge and she is sure that he is on her side! She always knew that I was evil, yup right from birth

This is my favorite part. Payback's a bitch isn't it ma? Who was she to judge you is the question? Don't you love it when your particular JW of interest has that laser beam mind meld with the almighty, and not only can read your mind but God's as well.

When my JW MIL did the same thing to my wife (restrangled) I sent her a letter saying that her religion had failed her as a mother, a wife and a grandmother, and that blaming the fact that all her kids aren't "in the truth" on Satan and the demons was just a way of not facing up to her own shortcomings as a parent.

She wouldn't give my dad the phone, but he did call me back. His words: You know your mother is crazy, just let it die down and she'll be ok.

Guess what world...the world doesn't revolve around Mom. Oh it may for the Dad who stumbles over himself to apologise for her...and anyone else who has the misfortune of dealing with her on a daily basis...

She's just upset that you would share family information with apostates.

Oh so it's OK for her to share her disgust about you with her friends, but not vica versa.

Mom's world is all about MOM. Momma drama

• rebel8
    rebel8

Or maybe part of the reason it feels bad right now is what I call the "kicked out of Little League" technique. jws take people they wrote off eons ago and suddenly say, "You're out of my life because of xyz," but you were out of their lives long ago anyway.

I call it "kicked out of Little League"--that's how I explain it to my non-jw husband in a way he can understand--it's as if your Little League coach calls you up after 35 years and says he's officially shunning you because of xyz, but you haven't been involved in eons, so it's just silly.

So now that your mom is saying she is not going to be supportive of you any more, maybe you should ask how you will be able to tell the difference from this and the last 20 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit