WHAT do YOU know about JESUS... and His teachings?

by hibiscusfire 286 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I supposed to know which church leaders you are referring

Hibi, yes you should. You brought it up.

All of the translators of KJV were church leaders in the Church of England. You remember why the CoE was born? Right? Talk about corruption alt

By your standards the KJV should be fairly corrupt!! Remember, they are your standards, not mine.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    IP_SEC: By your standards the KJV should be fairly corrupt!! Remember, they are your standards, not mine.

Something to remember IP_SEC ....the translation of the KJV would have been the most accurate and most reliable comparing to what we have today. Note also I never said anything about the interpretation of it yet. Three very serious points to take into consideration of the bible :

1. Translation

2. Interpretation

3. Revision

The bible I have is printed in English. It was, however originally written in Hebrews (Old Testament) and in Greek (New Testament). The Authorised King James version was translated in 1611 by a committee appointed by the King himself for that work- King James! They did a great job but they did not have many of the ancient parchment and papyrus manuscripts that we have now. So tell me who do you think is the best reliable source to interpret these manuscripts in this present time? Man alone cannot do it. We still need a higher source for guidance. Spirtual and godly guidance because anybody could just say, "this is what this means" but someone else would say, "No, it means this!" You understand what I am getting at?

Could you determine who are genuine people and who are not? You can see from their fruits (what we give, how we treat others). Mind you be aware of wolves in sheep clothing. (Do not judge a book by it's cover).

hibiscusfire

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    Hi dedpoet, I just wanted to let you know that you are making the assumption that the bible "may not have been" translated accurately from the languages that it was originally written.

hibi,

I am making no assumptions at all, and I've heard your illustration about my
    grandparents/parents many times - it's a jw favourite for use on those who
    question the bible's authenticity. I'd have been almost disappointed if you
    hadn't resorted to it.

Personally, I don't have much time for the bible, and couldn't care less if
    the KJV, NWT, NIV, Jerusalem or Authorised are accurate translations or
    not. My opinoin of the bible, for what it's worth, is that whilst there may
    be a few titbits of common sense in parts of it, it's one big fairytale almost
    on a par with those written by the Brothers Grimm, though they are more
    entertaining. I find the idea that jesus is lord and the notion that he died
    for everyone completely ludicrous.

He might be your lord: he will never be mine.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

*thinking aloud about hibie's replies re KJV*

"Foot - meet bullet"!!!!

• Terry
    Terry
    Three very serious points to take into consideration of the bible :

1. Translation

2. Interpretation

3. Revision

How about:

1.Authorship

2.Date of writing

3.Authenticity

????????????

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    dedpoet: He might be your lord: he will never be mine.

I am just wondering mister poet...how do you really live? Do think you have a purpose to live? Whose rules do you follow? Do make your own? If so whom did it come from? Who is your Lord?

Do you have anyone to thank for anything? Can you explain how water is made? Can anyone make water?

Jesus is Living Water. Ever thought how important water is to us? We use it in so many ways. It is so essential. You never miss the water until the well runs dry.

I am making no assumptions at all, and I've heard your illustration about my grandparents/parents many times - it's a jw favourite for use on those who question the bible's authenticity.

Forget what the JW used on you. I had no idea that they would say something like that to you. But you know you didn't really answer that question anyway. I would like to know what you have to say about it though.

The JW's NWT bible is forever changing so you must admit that. JW even predicted things that did not come to pass ...so that alone would tell you they didn't tell you the truth. I was just drawing a point to you.

The truth of the matter is that your grandparents may know some things but not everything, only your great grandparents would know the truth. Don't give up seeking Jesus just because you are hearing this and that. Find out for yourself. Open your heart (not literally....geez some people are something else) to Him who is your creator. I can only ask you...I cannot make you do it. I am not forcing you too mr poet...all I am asking is to take the Lord into consideration in your life. Ask yourself questions. Ever heard this saying, "Friends would carry you places but won't bring you back" ?

Ok thanks for replying, I just feel something is wrong or going on in your life right now. I could be mistaken. I don't know. Be careful.

hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

sad emo: *thinking aloud about hibie's replies re KJV* "Foot - meet bullet"!!!!

I don't know what you mean!!!! I think that language is too modern for me. "Foot- meet bullet???" Egad!

hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    dedpoet: I find the idea that jesus is lord and the notion that he died for everyone completely ludicrous.

Hi mr poet. Ever did something or said something that you knew what you were about but no-one understood you? Someone else may have understood what you did but no one would believe that person.

hibiscusfire

• bigdreaux
  • hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    bigdreaux:

Then what are you waiting for? Now is the time to find out. We procrastinate too much.

hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit