How ethical is it to sow DOUBT in the minds of sincere Jehovah's Witnesses?

by nicolaou 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

We know that we can't always take the direct approach and we know that even a short, reasonable discussion is often out of the question with JW's we may love dearly so we often try to place a little doubt in their minds. We want them to start questioning cherished beliefs.

Is this fair of us? Are we placing our our own agendas ahead of their needs?

It might sound like a dumb, non-question, as though it's obvious that we should all do what we can to get our friends and families out of the cult but I have a reason for asking. I'd just appreciate your thoughts on this first.

Nic'

• Scully
    Scully

About as ethical as it is for JWs to sow DOUBT in the minds of sincere Catholics, Protestants, Presbyterians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Shintoists, etc.

Turnabout is fair play, IMO.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

The unethical thing to do is keep quiet and allow people to waste their lives, and put themselves and their childrens innocent lives in danger.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Nichalou,

Well, I guess it is all in how you look at it. My Gandfather is dead now because of their ever changing blood policy! I guess for me I think it is unethical to NOT tell them! Think of how many are dying and who have died because of the organ and blood policies. Getting JWs informed about the facts is the only way to potentially save one of their loved ones. I wish we had been informed before the death of my Grandfather..he would still be with us now.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

P.S. Think about how many children are at risk of being molested becausue of their policy not to tell the authorities. It is truely a safehaven for molesters. Think of how many have been already victimized. To be informed is to be protected.

• anewme
    anewme

Lady Liberty is right. Their beliefs and practices put the organization ahead of human life and feelings.
    Blood transfusion is very much a LIFE SAVING PROCEDURE! The Watchtower Organization is a controlling invasive entity that should modify and restructure many of its policies.

What I tell people today is that all religion is a stepping stone to true worship...worship from the human heart.

We should all strive to be good sons and daughters of the creator, making decisions based on thoughtful consideration of his perceived will and practicing righteousness and goodness on the earth in harmony with
    reality and truth.

Who needs a building to do this? Who needs some boobs to tell you how you should make love to your wife or when you should get up on a Saturday morning?
    You dont need to confess your sins to any man, a mere man who wipes his behind every morning just like you!
    You are a son and daughter just like the holy ones. Develop your own god given conscience and pray for wisdom just like Solomon did and devote your life to God as Christ did.

.....And you wont need religion anymore.

Anewme

• NvrKssdNObutt
    NvrKssdNObutt

I sowed doubt in everyone elses minds for years. I have an ETHICAL & MORAL obligation to try and sow doubt about the wt in the minds of the many people that I put in great effort with to get them into the org

• scotsman
    scotsman
    Are we placing our our own agendas ahead of their needs?

Yes.

Is this fair of us?

That's harder to answer. I'd say it's human and that its fairness is moot.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes it would be worthwhile to tell them about the many flaws of their religion or cult which has harmed so many lives, they do the same when they try to worry people about their respective religions to get them to cease supporting them for being supposedly harmful to their members. The JWs should also know that they support a harmful religion.

• yesidid
    yesidid

This is a serious problem!

My husband and I have each been active Witnesses for over sixty years. Most of our immediate family on both sides are Witnesses. Most of the males are elders or ms’s and their wives and kids unthinking followers.

Some we may warn, but for others we would refrain.

The reason we choose not to "educate" some is, that is many ways, the "club" is good for them.

I will give two examples.

1. Older couple, in their seventies. He was a "Congregation Servant" before elders were even thought of, and an elder since the arrangement started in the ‘70’s. They are very happy and have a great support system in their particular congregation. We cannot give them that same support, so feel it wrong to take their hope and support.

2. Younger couple who have three little children, one a baby. Again in their particular congregation there is a good support system. Mainly because there are many other young families and they seem to understand and help each other. Again, for several reasons we cannot fill the support role, so are reluctant to take from them what they have, and need, at the moment.

yesidid

• choosing life
    choosing life

Certainly not ethical unless you are willing to be there to pick up the pieces when their world dissolves. I think most here would be there for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit