Point out biblical principles JW's omit to follow

by JH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Jesus said these words:

"If you desire to be perfect," replied Jesus, "go and sell all that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have wealth in Heaven; and come, follow me."

I never heard elders ask JW's to reach out into their abundance and help poor JW's....have you?

Rather, they will ask members to give money to the rich Watchtower....

• choosing life
    choosing life

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Love your enemies.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Honesty. Let your yes mean yes, and your no mean no.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

My favorite -"When he was a long way off (the prodigal son) his father ran out to greet him, threw him a party and rejoiced.. The way the WTS does it " He approached the elders who said come to meetings for another 6 months and in the meantime brothers can't speak to you nor you to them. Then we will reconvene the JC and see if you are repentant. then we will announce to the congregation but they will not be allowed even to clap their hands and certainly not throw a party.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Being witnesses of Jesus?

• eclipse
    eclipse

The won't eat blood but they eat fat?

Leviticus 3:17

17 'It is a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall not eat any fat or any blood.'"

which is weird because here it states:

Ezekial 39:18, 19

You shall eat the flesh of the mighty and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, of goats, and of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan [east of the Jordan].

19: And you shall eat fat till you are filled and drink blood till you are drunk at the sacrificial feast which I am preparing for you.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Nah eclipse - that's jehover's command to the crows and vultures after the big A!!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

[Matthew 5:7 CEV] God blesses those people who are merciful. They will be treated with mercy!

[Matthew 12:7 MKJV]

But if you had known what this is, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice," you would not have condemned those who are not guilty.

MERCY, not SACRIFICE applies to so much - especially the blood issue !

alt

• R.F.
    R.F.

I've seen the consistent ignoring of the principles against backbiting.

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2

Matthew 25:35-36 for I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in; naked, and you clothed me; I was sick, and you visited me; I was in prison, and you came to me.'

The Watchtower has no charities, no food banks, no orphanages, no homeless shelters, no prison outreaches (some people in jail around the world need someone to bring them basic necessities not Watchtowers), no charities of any kind.

There are Christian charities around the world doing what they don't. There is one that goes all over Africa to drill holes and put pumps in so that they have clean water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit