Point out biblical principles JW's omit to follow

by JH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles
    23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.

False Christ will give great signs and wonders.

I think they choose to avoid Mathew 24:23,24

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

J.W. have all kinds of statues in their homes; birds, fishes, frogs, people,and etc,.

Exodus 20: 4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth.

This one is over done so much that the preaching is about world war 1 when it just state wars and reports of wars. It keep members in fear or terrified.

Mathew 24: 6 Y OU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

• freeme
    freeme
    My favorite -"When he was a long way off (the prodigal son) his father ran out to greet him, threw him a party and rejoiced.. The way the WTS does it " He approached the elders who said come to meetings for another 6 months and in the meantime brothers can't speak to you nor you to them. Then we will reconvene the JC and see if you are repentant. then we will announce to the congregation but they will not be allowed even to clap their hands and certainly not throw a party.

wow, man, that was new to me! didnt thought about that yet. thank you!

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Regarding marrying "unbelievers" ...

"Marry only in the Lord" (taken from 1 Cor 7:39) is repeated ad nauseum. The rest of the verse is often omitted, which says: "A wife is bound during all the time her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep in death, she is free to be married to whom she wants, only in the Lord." Paul is obviously referring to widows here.

1 Cor 7:25 is also omitted: "Now concerning virgins I have no command from the Lord, but I give my opinion as one who had mercy shown him by the Lord to be faithful."

Paul was quite clear to indicate when he was giving HIS PERSONAL OPINION throughout that entire chapter.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Luke Chapter 6:30 - Give to everyone who asks of you.

Snowbird

• heathen
    heathen

J.W. have all kinds of statues in their homes; birds, fishes, frogs, people,and etc,.

Exodus 20: 4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth.

Well , I'm quite sure it's ok to have some art but not ok to worship them or use them in worship that would be idolotry .

• erandir
    erandir

How about that prohibition in Leviticus (?) on wearing two different types of fabric together. All those brothers wearing wool over coats with courderoy (sp) pants should be reproved.

• Terry
    Terry

Satan was not disfellowshipped from heaven for deceiving Eve and plunging the human race into death and sin.

Satan remained in heaven even though 1/3rd of the angelic hosts could be recruited.

No Apostacy was reason enough to oust Satan.

Peter denied Christ 3 times and Jesus did not reject him as Apostate. In fact, Jesus gave this same person the "keys to the kingdom" No disfellowshipping for Apostacy.

Jesus broke the Sabbath Law by healing on the sabbath. The rabbinical disapproval was in favor of stoning Jesus but, he reminded them that the purpose of Law is LIFE.

The JW's cannot understand any of this.

• JK666
    JK666

Remove the rafter from your own eye . . .

JK

• oompa
    oompa

How can anyone ever be df'd if we could only count to 77?

Then Peter came up and said to him: "Lord, how many times is my brother to sin against me and am I to forgive him? Up to seven times?" 22 Jesus said to him: "I say to you, not, Up to seven times, but, Up to seventy-seven times.

so wish we could count......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit