I finally took my stand.

by Orgull 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

I couldn't do the fade- I opened my mouth to my wife one night and told her something I had casually read in a book at the library. The second time I mentioned something I had found out about the WT she said, " you're an apostate". DON"T TRUST OR CONFIDE IN ANYONE-

Good luck on a successful fade.

• memario
    memario
    I found the coolest "Evil Homer Face" in the carpet a few feet away from my chair.

Hey O, you too eh. Man, you must have a vivid imagination, or where you bored out of your skullLOL

mem

• Mum
    Mum

Good for you, Orgull. The fastest way to fade is to move to another town where no one know you're a JW. But maybe that's in the past. You would need to look for a job first (on the internet is a good way to start) or have enough savings to live until you find a job.

Are you making friends with non-JW's yet? You will need friends once you are out.

Keep going. You're doing great so far.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Bravo! Miss some more and give us some footage of those faces in the KH carpets! heh heh

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Madame Q: ...give us some footage of those faces in the KH carpets!

That's a brilliant idea to aid your fade, too. Can you imagine the rampant gossip that would start if a giggling you were spotted taking pictures of small patches of Kingdom Hell carpeting? Start doing quirky, non-apostate things like that and when you finally leave they'll breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey congratulations, and welcome!! Definitely go slowly. It's going to get maddening, and it will probably become a slow torture. I was dfd and I couldn't say which way is worse; I think that either way you do end up losing just about everybody, but if you fade out successfully, it just won't all happen at once. There are some major changes about to happen in your life, get ready for them. You can do that by taking up a lot of new interests.

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight

I am new here, but reading this is helping me so much, I have just hit my 6 months of no ministry mark, so am now "inactive". My mother is trying to guilt trip me to come back to the meetings, and I don't know if I have the strength to withstand the pressure. I asked her if she wanted me to do things because I felt they were right or because it made her happy, she answered that she wanted me to do things as they would please Jehovah, but thats just it...Jehovah isn't real to me anymore. i see things for what they are. the kingdom hall is nothing more than a brain washing facility. Where we are not allowed to question the elders and the method of doing things.

At the moment I'm ok as I and a friend decided at the same time that the Jdub thing was utter nonsense and stopped going at the same time, so at least I have someone to hang with who undertsands what I'm going thru completely. But my mate is soon to go away and I will be alone, my old book study conductor keeps calling and trying to meet me, but I have managed so far to avoid him. But I truly am worried that I'll slide back into teh old routine of meetings as it just makes my family life easier.

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight

I am new here, but reading this is helping me so much, I have just hit my 6 months of no ministry mark, so am now "inactive". My mother is trying to guilt trip me to come back to the meetings, and I don't know if I have the strength to withstand the pressure. I asked her if she wanted me to do things because I felt they were right or because it made her happy, she answered that she wanted me to do things as they would please Jehovah, but thats just it...Jehovah isn't real to me anymore. i see things for what they are. the kingdom hall is nothing more than a brain washing facility. Where we are not allowed to question the elders and the method of doing things.

At the moment I'm ok as I and a friend decided at the same time that the Jdub thing was utter nonsense and stopped going at the same time, so at least I have someone to hang with who undertsands what I'm going thru completely. But my mate is soon to go away and I will be alone, my old book study conductor keeps calling and trying to meet me, but I have managed so far to avoid him. But I truly am worried that I'll slide back into teh old routine of meetings as it just makes my family life easier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit