I finally took my stand.

by Orgull 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

What open mind says: Baby steps to freedom. You gotta walk before you run, so take this time to build your support system, make sure you can take care of youself. If you have to ever ask them for something it will come with conditions.

To truely be an adult and independant you have to be able to handle your own affairs and live on your own. Remember they will expect you to fall and if they have to help you pick up the pieces they will want to be able to call the shots.

nj

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yes!!! Good for you.

• theMartian
    theMartian

Why wait? Why pretend? Leave NOW- it's obvious you don't belong there! Some church is waiting for you! Praise jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz!

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Why wait? Why pretend? Leave NOW- it's obvious you don't belong there! Some church is waiting for you! Praise jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuz!

The Martian likes to indulge in pseudo-piety by ridiculing ex-members while he blatantly violates the policies of his organization by his secret dialogues here. I would like to know why the MadJW / Martian doesn't fess up himself and let other JWs know he posts on this forum. Why is HE pretending? I think the Martian is a confused man who isn't sure where he belongs - a fence-siter, as the WTS likes to say. Martian, I think there is a Greg Stafford discussion forum waiting for you.

• Jehovah Saves
    Jehovah Saves

1 Therefore those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Well...if you just have to go...maybe you could leave after the talk.

lisa

• Orgull
    Orgull
    Well...if you just have to go...maybe you could leave after the talk

LOL Lisa! I've never done that... I don't know if I could do that. Just not show up? That I can do. Leave partway? Yikes!

I think it's important that I do nothing truly "out of character" during my fade. It's got the be the same me, just with "weaker" spiritual habits. You know, due to depression and stress and such.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

What ever pace you choose, it is important to build a support system completely outside the borg realm. This is a great place to start--you can blow steam here & keep the facade up in the dublife.

• Es
    Es

Thats great, you've made the first steps, yes it wont be easy at times but its def worth it.

All the best

es

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Orgull,

As one who's already out, I don't envy you for what you are going through. It'll get harder before it gets easier.

If anyone starts to ask about you, perhaps you could just tell them you're "a little depressed" and "don't want to talk about it".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit