I finally took my stand.

by Orgull 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    "Even the longest journey begins with a single step."

Wasn't it CT Russell who said that? (gag)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - was said by Confucius.

• changeling
    changeling

You've gotta start somewhere!

changeling

• anewme
    anewme

It is really a very easy thing to leave a religion. You just dont go back!
    But when you have family in it you love and they are zealous JWs, it is not so easy.
    I feel for you to have to go through this game. It is one of the few religions
    that you cannot leave gracefully.

The JWs on the fringe have somehow learned to give the token amount of attention
    to the KH and the JW community. Somehow a former brother in law of mine managed to just stop going to meetings and grow a beard and give his attention to work. He claims the brothers stumbled him and he got his feelings hurt. He continues his game and it works I guess. He continues to be a family member in good standing. (No one wants to be the one whose remarks hurt him further and set him back further) Its a good cover he has got going.

I couldnt do it. I couldnt play a game. Life is too short.

So I left the religion and all the family behind forever. It was tough, but I got over it and am living
    life as a free person today.

Anewme

• Slave1
    Slave1

Don't give up, O. It's a long, long road, but ultimately it leads back to you. The real you. The you that was lost. I stumbled in here by accident. I will likely never be back. I left 15 years ago at least. And now, being in here with y'all makes it feel like I left yesterday. You got to go, O. There are very nice people in the world. Very nice, very smart people. And you might be surprised at how many of them really beleive in the Bible and many of them beleive even more bizzarre crap than you were exposed to. But the ones that aren't really sure what they believe but just try to go through life without hurting anybody, some of them are super nice people. Be on the lookout for them. They're out there. And don't be afraid to be selective about who you hang with. Not everybody's nice. Check this book if you feel so inclined. It helped me years and years ago. http://www.amazon.com/Orwellian-World-Jehovahs-Witnesses/dp/0802065457

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

Well done you!

Also - don't get involved in any KH cleaning days, maintenance at district convention halls, or JW social "gatherings" (which, by the way, make a labotomy look painless!!).

• erandir
    erandir

Woohoo, Orgull!

Oh, and remember this powerful little word:

NO

Use it whenever the brothers try to volunteer you for anything. And don't elaborate on the excuses. They don't need to know your business. Just say "No, I can't right now." If they persist, say "I'm busy" or "It's personal."

• erandir
    erandir
    "Even the longest journey begins with a single step."

Wasn't it CT Russell who said that? (gag)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - was said by Confucius.

Ah...so one of the earliest examples of typical WT plagiarism.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Well...if you just have to go...maybe you could leave after the talk

LOL Lisa! I've never done that... I don't know if I could do that. Just not show up? That I can do. Leave partway? Yikes!

I think it's important that I do nothing truly "out of character" during my fade. It's got the be the same me, just with "weaker" spiritual habits. You know, due to depression and stress and such.

What if you accidently on purpose eat something that kinda upsets your stomach. You gonna stay for the entire meeting stinkin' up the place, or you gonna appoligize to the row behind ya, and get the hell out. just trying to help lisa

• Orgull
    Orgull

Went to the meeting today, after my two time absence.

As I was getting ready to leave for the meeting I felt heavy, as if a great weight were descending upon my shoulders. Everyone at the hall was nice, nobody gave me a hard time for my absence. So in that sense it was ok. Didn't enjoy the meeting itself though. Felt out of place. I spent most of the public talk planning my writing / directing career, telling stories in my head and practicing directing scenes from a horror movie. (Life is WAY more interesting in my head.) The Watchtower however, was harder to ignore. Harder too, to pretend I was paying attention. I spent most of the time looking over the edge of my magazine searching for images in the carpet patterns. I found the coolest "Evil Homer Face" in the carpet a few feet away from my chair. High entertainment.

• Carmel
    Carmel

sunday afternoon round of golf is a great spiritual experiance..... carm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit