We are free to love

by purplesofa 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

1 If I speak in the tongues [a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love,I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, [b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

Get it TLK?

(sorry for adding a bit more 'Bible thumping' folks - but I think it actually fits the topic anyway)

• educ8self
    educ8self

I was thinking about that same point of being intellectually free, too. It's funny how some people only understand law, which is not free by its very nature - do this, don't do that. But being open minded and open hearted is something completely different. I suppose it is just impossible for some people to understand at a given point in time.

• TLK
    TLK

I agree. Let me know if I am low on a quota of God's love in any area and I will ask him for some more.

• educ8self
    educ8self

You're about three quarts low, and you need to change your filter.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I agree. Let me know if I am low on a quota of God's love in any area and I will ask him for some more.

Seeing how your definition of love is limited to the narrow confines of scripture and religious dogma, you have completely missed the point of this thread. True love is about how you treat others, whether they share your belief system or not. It is being accepting of all differen't types of people. It is not wishing destruction upon those who don't believe in the bible, or feel they need atonement for exercising the free will that your god gave them. It extends to everyone and is unconditional.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TLK)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

the is an unlimited resource of love within yourself.

It's there, you know it is there. Call upon your ownself for it. and it will surface. I imagine you will smile. Let me know if you do

purps

• TLK
    TLK

Its there already, just need to open the tap even more!

John 7:38 (New International Version)

38Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

• RAF
    RAF

TLK : I agree. Let me know if I am low on a quota of God's love in any area and I will ask him for some more. You have free will TLK ... in the matter of love it's about what you REALLY love (all together = human beings, what is material, yourself, and and and ... ) so you can ask of course but it will still TOTALLY depends on you. don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you don't love others (I don't know you) but if you think that you understood the meaning I just fell the need to remind you what it is all about and who have to really work on it (= ourselve) It's hard enough to realise what we really love - easy to skip away from any good will in the matter because the love of something not as important (contextually) as what is really important (contextually) takes over (to be honest, it's like we have to question ourselve everyday about everything about it) so maybe asking to be able to love others more is a way to think about it, but then we still have to work on it in wanting it for REAL to be able for REAL.
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Its there already, just need to open the tap even more!

John 7:38 (New International Version)

38Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

TLK aka TitaniumHead

did ya smile?

purps

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I was really saddened when I opened some emails from some friends who are still JW's here in Peru and they were asking to help our "brothers and sisters" in the affected earthquake areas...I just thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if they just tried to help whoever needed without paying attention to whether they are witnesses or not??? Anyways, I'm glad that you brought that up. And it's so true about how witnesses pat themselves on the back for doing these things, but isn't it just as biased as only helping the whites, or the jews, or the blacks, or asians....I mean it is bigotry..plain and simple....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit