We are free to love

by purplesofa 78 Replies latest jw friends

• educ8self
    educ8self

When are they ever here for a discussion, honest or otherwise?

• Gopher
    Gopher

educ8self,

You are so right. The poster is here jamming scriptures down our throat. Haven't we been preached at enough as JW's? Heck, we even did too much "preaching' ourselves.

And to post under 2 different names violates forum policy, that's why the IP addresses are posted so that we don't have one-man gangs appearing on the board as happened in the early days here.

And to mention the false equivalence of rape with sex, just to upset us - sick.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hi purps,

Just wanted to say that you wrote a beautiful post that well expresses feelings that I have had. It is very hard to go beyond the artificial divisions created by money, religion, and politics to learn to see our fellow earthlings deserve the same love that we desire for ourselves.

Like the DWB, all we have to do is act, do something, and not stand aside. We have that freedom as long as we can let go of the fear we may have: our own fear of failure and fear of reprisals from others. I can guess that it must be in the interests of governments and religions to nurture that fear so that we feel dependent on them somehow.

Thankfully, I believe more people are thinking outside the box, overcoming their fear and hate, and learning what it means to love.

Dave

• TLK
    TLK

I was logged off which out requesting this and BB will not allow me to log on as "Jehovah Saves" any more.

I assume someone thinks this is applicable?

NWT 7 “You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.

If so all people with the name "Joshua" are condemned as their name means "Jehovah Saves" from the Hebrew?!

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I was logged off which out requesting this and BB will not allow me to log on as "Jehovah Saves" any more.

I assume someone thinks this is applicable?

NWT 7 “You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.

No, it just means that you are not allowed to have more than one account.

I would add the word, dumbass, but that would be rude.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Wonderful post Purps. I too have learned to view people in a far more loving way since leaving the borg. As for TLK and Jehovah saves, no book in history has promoted more hatred and been responsible for more bloodshed than the bible. You can quote all the scriptures you want that talk about love, but the overall theme is entirely differen't. Can the god of the old testament truly be called loving? How do you expect his worshippers to be?

• TLK
    TLK

I started the second account after I couldn't log in with the first one.

• poppers
    poppers

Thank you purps to giving voice to your awakening spirit. There is an elegance and beauty in them that are palpably felt by those who are also learning to dissolve their own borders.

• TLK
    TLK

I understand your sentiment. My advise if you have trouble reading the Old Testament then just stick with the New Testament for a while.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    My advise if you have trouble reading the Old Testament then just stick with the New Testament for a while.

I've read that as well. Revelation is especially heartwarming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit