We are free to love

by purplesofa 78 Replies latest jw friends

• educ8self
    educ8self

I would basically agree, although it's not just about people. So often people take it as a given that love or spirituality in general has to do with what people does that the rest of the world is completely ignored, even with animals we regard as pets (which is of course just another box) the reality is there are a lot of them out there who aren't doing so well, but we remain rather narrow in our focus with our own pets. Interpersonal dynamics, no matter how harmonious remains rather narrow and is ultimately another box.

• TLK
    TLK

Well I think Jehovah is talking about true love, such as this.

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Here is the way to true love.

[ Faith in the Son of God ] Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

• PEC
    PEC

alt

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Faith in the Son of God ] Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

so never knowing this .........a person will never or has never known love?

• changeling
    changeling

Great thoughts purps! I agree, we no longer have any constraints on us regarding who to love or when to love or how to love. We can trully give from the heart.

changeling

• TLK
    TLK

Can't see that in the NWT or any other translation. I thought the meek would inherit the earth?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board TLK

Now I want to say

While the JW's want to go and preach the good news of the kingdom, and feel they are doing the only lifesaving work, discounting the work that many organizations do and individual efforts,

They fail to recognize we are all on this planet together as Earthlings. We cohabitate on this planet and benefit from the efforst of many, we suffer too

but mostly we benefit. If you wipe out every good deed but the preaching work, who would be left to preach too?

If you take away the efforts of those who give medical help and shelter and food, will the witnesses do it?

They will always tend to their own first.

I picture them walking over dieing people to get to their own, only to get there too late as they have died.

i am digressing.

I walked around in fear of "worldly" people, conditioning myself to hate them so I would not feel pain or hurt when they died at Armegeddon. Trying desperately to discount what they offered to mankind

Its a distorted view. In the end It will not work.

I feel much better in having the choice as to not have the choice

i feel much better to see the good

purps

• TLK
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

TLK

I will have a look tomorrow, I have a swollen ankle and foot and need to elevate it

just wanted you to know I did not dismiss your post

purps

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I think it is Important to love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit