We are free to love

by purplesofa 78 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thank you everyone for sharing the love.

Here is a pic I found at the DoctorsWithoutBorders site:

I am assuming he is a child. While JW's are being concerned about whether the hem of your skirt is appropriate and running others away from the evils of the internet, while they are promoting controlism, others on this planet are promoting people to use their resources, promoting indepence, thinking out of the box to help so many people like the one in this picture. They have surpassed what any law says and live by a principle much higher than the JW's, an unconditional love.

You will never see a person like this in the KH, ever. No witness would do what it takes to help this person, yet they call themselves the spokesperson for GOD. And they have the message to save the planet.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey purps,

Great thread!! It always pissed me off the way JW's only showed "loving kindness" to those in the cong that they felt deserved it. Although they always preached non-racism, they were a very predjudice (sp?) group.

They picked and choose who they wanted to be kind to and if you decided to show kindness to someone they felt was underserving they had no problem with turning the judgement on you.

nj

• ibme
    ibme

I agree.

Thanks

• Open mind
    Open mind

Fantastic thread Purps!!

It's great to see positive topics.

You said:

"I can connect with the part of the person that is not bound with barriers. "

Excellent reminder. I'm sure that's what James Thomas would refer to as "the real self". I know it sounds so cliche, but we all have it. Even JWs. It's often an exercise in futility, but that's who I try to reach when I interact with my immediate and extended family who are mainly JWs.

Thanks again for a positive boost to my day.

Open Mind

p.s. Have I mentioned this today?

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you so much for this thread Purps! You explained so wonderfully some things that i've pondered alot recently myself. We definitely are free to love. It's so much more refreshing than the JW way of giving love to those that "deserve it".

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

alt

wow, how many of us missed out on the opportunity to find love as we

were only allowed to look in the organization?

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

What a turn on to hear you say those words purple sofa. As if you weren't attractive enough already!

• educ8self
    educ8self

Oh I am stepping out but I will come back to this in more detail. For now, that Haddaway song "What Is Love" comes to mind as a fitting JW anthem what with the fear. (and of course, A Night At The Roxbury's - but I digress) "What is love? Baby don't hurt me..."

• Jehovah Saves
    Jehovah Saves

43 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU;

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

J saves

Welcome to the board

could youtell me how your post relates to the topic

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit