Budddha Bless Afghanistan

by unclebruce 57 Replies latest jw friends

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

BOMB AUSTRALIA!

They support Afghanistan ;)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Bomb Australia my patooti! I've said it before and I'll say it again, the single biggest threat to US Security is the Canadians and the Canadian Military Industrial Complex. They've been chomping at the bit to get their sleezy hands on the US. BOMB CANADA!

Petty,

It wasn't so much anger as just being flabergasted. War isn't fun, but the US is doing what it can to limit Civilian casualties. The US is and has been using diplomacy, just not with the Taliban. The Taliban doesn't play the Diplomacy Game, one day they say they don't know where Bin Ladin is, the next day they say he's in"protective custody". Turn around and they say they'll try him if we give them proof, or send him to another country, the next day they say they won't give him up no matter what.

The Taliban gets the blame, had they turned over Osama, we wouldn't be bombing Afghanistan now. If so one knows a VIABLE non military alternative, I'm all ears!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• bewildered
    bewildered

In regards to "civilian injury", I propose that Osama himself could have the same position (w/the exception of the simple fact he wants all Americans/Isreali's dead). His targets were the Pentagon (military), White House (political & military) and the WTC (to make a point & offices of FBI). So, where are American viewpoints different?

No civilian/miltary people in the United States can say for sure what is happening over there - we only have what our government wants us to know. And this is the way it should be, to protect our own people. The American/British forces could be doing a whole host of different things over there, and we wouldn't know, even if we belong to the military.

To say its War - yes it is, but Osama had declared WAR along time ago and no one paid any attention (or a slap on the wrist response). To some extent, our ignorance and indifference for the past decades has led to this tragedy as well. Our gutting our FBI and CIA to bear bones has made their jobs of good intelligence & spying almost impossible. Our politicians made it "illegal" to pay bad people for good information - how else would you get it?

• julien
    julien
    In regards to "civilian injury", I propose that Osama himself could have the same position (w/the exception of the simple fact he wants all Americans/Isreali's dead). His targets were the Pentagon (military), White House (political & military) and the WTC (to make a point & offices of FBI). So, where are American viewpoints different?

What the fuck are you smoking? This is the most preposterous statement I have read yet.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks for your replies folks.

Tina please excuse my ignorance about the term "marine" .. and educate me anytime you like. As for American bashing .. I had my say about that in my rant "GOD BLESS AMERICA!" Love ya, and still crazy after all these tears .. big sloppy kiss on yer chops! ;)

Willy Think - You're post has me Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Tao Te Ching Off! Who in Budddhas name said I was a Christian .. YAAAAAAARRRRK! if I was a biblebashing jesus freak fuitcake my biggest desire would be wanting to surf jesus not wash your mouth out with soap.. now go away and stop calling me names that ddon't stick! ;) ..(I'm about as far from christian as you can get .. Taoist by nature is what i am ..

As for killing people who hurt the weak .. especially women and children .. I'd calmly put the gun to their head pull the trigger without a second thought .. perhaps my abusive upbringing bent my attitude, perhaps i'm insane .. but i am rabidly anti-violent (if that isn't too much of a contaditictory tortology for ya) If I see someone being kicked in the street I don't hesitate to join in on the side of the underdog. (same reason SirFRED HALL and other 'outcasts' here became my friends.)

BoyBonko BOMB AUSTRALIA! you say? LOL .. Yeah Pine Gap, Narunga and North West Cape first!!! ;) (Americas eyes and ears on this half on the planet)

Yeru You're a fine family man (that means the best in my book) and I have no quarrel with you, the US army or the Marines (oops .. sorry for putting you on a pedestal too high ;) I hope you and yours feel safe and you aren't placed in any personal danger 'at work'. best wishes and warm regards bro.

All the best folks, thanks for your responces to my rant/s .. unc, who just says what he thinks and doesn't expect/ask anyone to agree.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Bomb Australia? Don't fret my dear fellow ozzies, the Yanks might have the ability to bomb our great land, but they'd have a job finding it!

More than likely their super bombs would be off target and hit Austria.

It's extraordinary how much we hear of the Yanks' unfamiliarity with Australia, and so many Yanks I've heard say "Oh, you're in Europe, aren't you?" I kid you not.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL @ ozzie!

I had one Yank ask me if we spoke English here. Go figure!

• wasasister
    wasasister

I must agree with Unc here. Most Americans cannot distinguish between the Afghan "everyman" and their government. Unfortunately, neither can bombs.

Lining each and every evil terrorist up against the wall resonates with me as well, but they are not exactly easy to find. It's not as if they wear different colored outfits, like the "bad guys" in a US Western movie. In order to get those responsible for cowardly murderous acts lined up against that wall, someone has to go to the place they are hiding and get them out. It does not make sense to send ground troups into a hostile territory unless air response capabilities have been disabled first. Among the things I am ingorant of: military strategy. Is there another way to accomplish this lineup? If so, what is it?

Americans, as well as most of the informed world, were outraged and angry at the actions on Sept. 11. Yes, there were many knee-jerk reactions, but in fact the US response waited for several weeks. During that time, at least a token effort was made to get the Taliban to turn over Bin Laden and his cohorts. In some ways, I think that showed remarkable restraint. Americans have a very short attention span and tend to want quick solutions (due to our fascination with television shows and video games.) In this war, the solution will not come quickly.

My Dear rational and passionate Uncle, if we put you in charge of the US response (and currently I'm all for that idea), what would you do? How would you find the terrorist cells and those who support them? Once we find them, I'll help you reload.

Wasa
    PS: maybe Buddha should bless America, too. God seems to have taken a vacation.

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((galahguy))))))))))))
    i got yer mail luv!!!1
    Thanks for the pix-You look like yer in the outback wiv that hat!! Still a handsome devil hehehehehe....I'm sending ya some back,of my place, me and Danny. Yer the greatest Unc.Biggest heart and best humor around these parts! DONT ever change that,,,or Ill Ill ..I dunno I'll think of sumpin eheheheheheheh............I know! I'll drag wasasis to Oz,force ya to Yak and drink martinis wiv us all night heheheheh-(no one gets out alive yanno)">. And then we'll fly yer knickers from the nearest flagpole. (do they need an airing anyway?) You were the first close pal I ever made in this wacky cyberworld,that transferred over into r/L. I love you to bits( cheekygalah my MAN) heheheheheh luv ya,Owlie
    PS Danny said he'd LOVE to send me off to Oz for a while lolol....(does he need a break from me? ">)

NOW PLAYING AT SIMONS MULTIPLEX!
    'The Good,The Bad,The Fundy'

Special Matinee HORROR!!!!
    THIS WILL SCARE YOU,MAKE YOU SCREAM AT NIGHT!!! See-
    'I Was A Teenage JW Pioneer!
    PG-13

• Introspection
    Introspection
    PS: maybe Buddha should bless America, too. God seems to have taken a vacation.

"For those who do not know Buddha there is Buddha, for those who know Buddha there is no Buddha." -some Zen guy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit