First apple pie of the season!

by Cellist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

alt

This is something we look forward to every year, when the apples are ready. We have quite a few apple and crabapple trees. This is off our newest crabapple tree. It's always a curiousity to see what the different varieties will taste like.

Is there any particular fruit or vegetable that you look forward to every year? (Or flower)

Wishing you were here to share this with us,

Cellist

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

That looks soooo good, eat a piece for me!~

I don't bake very good so I leave it to the local bakeries.

nj

• changeling
    changeling

Yum!!!

I look forward to the Weeping Cherry blossoms and the Dogwoods in spring.

Most of all I love the first chill in the air in the fall and the deep rich colors later in the season..

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

That looks sooo yummy!

Your china is very pretty also.

I tend to like lime and lemon pies, but for regular fruit pies with "chunks" in them, apple is by far my favorite.

Is your crust home made or have you found a decent store bought crust?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That looks delichious!

• Cellist
    Cellist

LDB - I used a frozen crust. The only brand I'll buy is "Tenderflake". When I make crusts I use Tenderflake lard. I don't don't know if you have that brand in the U.S. The crusts are always tender and flaky, just like the name says. If you like lemon and lime best, you would definitely like this pie. It has the sweet/tart kind of flavour and this apple cooks down nicely so that there aren't 'chunks' to be chewed on.

Cellist

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Your china is very pretty also.

I was thinking the same Nice call LDB!

• BFD
    BFD

You got apples already? Wow. Yum that looks so good. Every year I look forward to the forsetheyas (sp) and crocus to bloom because that means winter is over. All the rest is gravy.

Now I want me some apple pie, please.

BFD

• Cellist
    Cellist

Changeling - Yes, spring blossoms are wonderful. That's another thing I love our apple trees for. The spectacular blossoms in the spring. Fall is nice too ... but ..... we have very, very long cold winters. So I tend to feel trepidation when I look at and smell the wonders of fall. lol

Cellist

• Cellist
    Cellist

BFD - Our fruit trees are specially bred to ripen in a hurry, before the blizzards hit.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit