First apple pie of the season!

by Cellist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Cellist,

As Rachel Ray would say,,"YUM OOOOO!!!!!"

That looks delicious, and how lovely a tablescape too!! Boy after seeing your pie it makes me want to bake!!

I don't bake too much over the summer, but just made 72 jars of homeade strawberry jam. I am hoping to pick peaches this weekend to make some peach jam, and canned peaches. I love to bake especially in the Fall. I am anxiously waiting to make hot peach cobbler or apple crisp, pumpkin bread, homeade soup with hot biscuits and homeade jam!! MMMMMMMM

Thank you for sharing!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Cellist
    Cellist

HAL - My first inclination was to laugh at -2C being cold. But you're right, when there's a strong wind blowing it can feel very cold and uncomfortable. That's what we'll be experiencing by the middle of September. Please do get a digital camera! I would love to see your gardens.

Lady Liberty - That all sounds very good. I think you've given me the inspiration I needed to get at my jelly making. My husband picked our sandcherries and I have to do something with them before they start to over-ripen. Sandcherries make absolutely wonderful jelly.

Cellist

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

MMMMMMM! I looooove Apple pie. Especially warmed up with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.

Apples here aren't quite ready yet, so Saturday I made my first berry pie of the year, blackberry, blueberry & strawberry.

• Cellist
    Cellist

That sounds like a yummy combination, Liquid Sky.

Cellist

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Cellist,

MMMMM Cherry Jelly on hot biscuits!!!! Sounds divine!

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit