First apple pie of the season!

by Cellist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

Cellist, that looks Dee-lish!!! Making pies from crabapples sounds like a lot of work though. Aren't they kinda small? I'll bet they taste really yummy.

I also use Tenderflake for my pastry. My absolute favorite pie is cherry...then apple, peach, and crumbleberry. I like lemon and key lime pie as well. Oh, and pecan. Pumpkin.....oh yummy.............................

Now I'm drooling, thinking about all the different kinds that I love.....

• BFD
    BFD

Delilah it might be easier to let us know what kind of pie you don't like.lol

BFD

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I like to go to Oak Glen every September and buy a bunch of different kinds of apples - kinds I can't find in the grocery store. Then I make a really big batch of home made apple sauce. It's so delicious - usually make an apple pie too, but the apple sauce is the thing I really like.

• delilah
    delilah
    Delilah it might be easier to let us know what kind of pie you don't like.lol

LOL, BFD....you're right. Well, I don't like strawberry pie, but I love strawberries .....nor do I like "shoo-fly-pie"....it's a pie that the Mennonites make.....I think it tastes gross....it's made with molasses and brown sugar or something like that...yukkies.

that should about do it....hahahaha....

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Oh that looks sooooooooo good! Yummy!

I love the china too! I had a small bowl of it I had purchased from a sale. I kept my butter in it.I loved it, but it broke! Your table looks so pretty with the linen too! I've never tried a crab apple pie. I bet it's good! It makes me think it must have a tangy taste, like rhubarb pie.

I miss the apples from the north! We're from Michigan and always went to our favorite orchard. There are no apples like those grown in the north where the cool crisp nights work their magic!

Enjoy the fruit of your labor!!!!!

Kitten Whiskers

• Cellist
    Cellist

Delilah - They are a bit more work than the larger apples. Not as much as you would think though because the skin is thin they don't have to be peeled. The peelings cook up as soft as the rest of the apple. Cellist

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

that looks so yummie

the china and linens ....silver is so nice

the ohter night my daughter and I were talking about how we eat out of a paper bag........so tonight i did cook and we ate at the table.

thanks for sharing

purps

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

It does look delicious. I look forward to apple pie too. I love it homemade :)

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Rhubarb and raspberry pie is my favorite.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Down in the hills of Eastern Kentucky, dried apple pies are the specialty, and I love them.

The first weekend in October is the Kentucky Apple Festival, and I hope to make it this year, as it is just like a big homecoming weekend to see long lost friends and family. Here is the link

www.kyapplefest.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit