What generation witness are you?

by Bonnie_Clyde 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

my gggrandparents were JWs. 5th gen jehooba lover here.

• free2think
    free2think

My parents got the troof before i was born.

• monophonic
    monophonic

my parents were converted/baptised when i was four years old, then i was baptised @ 16, kind of w/ the silent but known agreement that if i was old enough to get a driver's license, then i was old enough to be a baptised jehovah's witness. aka, 'you won't get your driver's license until you're baptised' aka, 'you can't drive to your girlfriend's house and makeout and you'll have to continue to stew in this house of boredom b/c you can't hang out with worldly people, read anything worldly before reading latest wtbts publications (so, never read), and go out of your mind with hormones spinning out of control'.

i got baptised.

not that i was under the indication it wasn't the truth at the time, i thought my chances of dying at armageddon were pretty good b/c of my lustful thoughts and feeling girls in their nether areas.

i guess that makes me 2nd generation?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I am 3rd gen. My sisters kids make 4th. My nephew is btz'd and is pioneering.

• fedorE
    fedorE

My parents were brainwashed circa 1967 and i was raised by brainwashed parents. Close encounters of the 2nd generation kind.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

My family goes all the way back to Russell. In fact, it is my family that makes the speaker stands that are in every KH in america, and abroad. They made some good bucks on the cult.

Leslie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If I were a baptised jw it would have been 3rd on my mother's side (tho' my mother's mother was actually her grandmother but I think her real mother never got baptised the poor dear cuz she was never mentally all there ) and on my father's side 3rd also even tho' my father's parents didn't get baptised until late (grandma when I was 19 and grandpa a few years after - my sister said he only did it cuz he feared death ).

Glad to say the generation thing stops with me and my brother and sister, can't say that for a few of my cousins.

• Es
    Es

I am the second generation, and unless my brother decides to go back with his child, it will stop there for our family.

es

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Fourth generation on both my Mom's and my Dad's sides.

There is also a fifth and sixth generation in my family.

• monophonic
    monophonic

wow leslie, that's amazing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit