What generation witness are you?

by Bonnie_Clyde 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I'm a 4th generation witness. However, I have JW cousins with grown grandchildren (that makes 6 generations), and two of them are married--all in the "truth." If they have kids, they will be 7th generation. I had two great aunts who became witnesses back about 1910. Their sister was my great grandmother who didn't actually become a witness but her daughter (my grandmother) did.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I was third generation. My grandmother heard the famous Rutherford talk "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" and decided to join soon after. No witnesses left in my family now through either death or running screaming from the org.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I was third generation, to a degree. My step-grandmother was involved, which was how my family got entangled when my mother remarried, and she eventually married an old-time Pioneer.

So my daughter is 4th generation, and her daughter hopefully will go to college and LEAVE!

S4

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I was second generation - my parent's and 1 uncle (my parents recruited them) were the only JW's on either side of my family. None of my nieces or nephews are JW. So basically there is only my parents and 2 brothers and their wives still in

nj

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Fourth generation on both sides. I feel great honor in being the LAST generation before my own children.

• changeling
  • BFD
    BFD

1st and last!

BFD

• ninja
    ninja

I'm what is commonly known as a first generation arsehole.....I fell prey to snake oil salesmen

• ferret
    ferret

3rd generation.

• Highlander
    Highlander

4th generation of a 5 generation dub family.(though it remainds to be seen if any of the 5th generation stay or leave. They are 10 yrs of age or younger)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit