Nancy Yuen featured on the July 15, 1979 Watcthower has passed on.

by What-A-Coincidence 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Her children (including a daughter called Louise Pignatelli), grandchildren and great-granchildren were mentioned in the memorial program, Moshe.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I remember her experience in 1979.I was a teenager back then and can remember vividly how I felt sick to my stomach to think that she abandoned her little children and why would Jehovah allow her to abandon her family. It seemed so unnatural to me.

May she rest in peace.

wanna

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    What a marvelous prospect we have to praise Jehovah all eternity, and to part no more.

The cryin shame is, she could loose her life again in the "paradise" if she sins. Whats the chances of making a mistake in a thousand years. Some paradise. Death no more. Yeah right!

• moshe
    moshe

I think it is strange that a search of the obituraries in San Francisco newspapers turns up nothing for a Nancy Yuen- nothing in Miami where her daughter lives, either. Normally relatives and funeral homes make sure death notices get published in the newspaper. Perhaps someone else can find it- just curious what it said about her in the obiturary.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't recall the article I guess.

There are some good people in that organization. I miss those good people.

But many of them are just assholes. I never used to understand that. I think it is a mark that the fog is entirely gone for me. Hooray!

So I am glad to see the assholes now in my mind when I think of meeting at the KH. There's a picture for your mind's eye.

Anyway - RIP Nancy.

Jeff

• steve2
    steve2

Earlier posters have either alluded to or explicitly stated that Nancy was a brainwashed JW. I suppose that could be the case, but it seems gratuitous to throw in the allegation of brainwashing when talking about this woman.

The word brainwashing is easily tossed around and minimises the more realistic likelihood that, of her own volition, Nancy embraced the Watchtower's message and was prepared to live in 100%.

One of the cheapest shots anyone could make about another's religious faith - whether it's a witness's faith or anyone else's - is that the individual has been subjected to extreme methods of indoctrination and has not freely chosen to believe her set of beliefs (which is more or less what brainwashing is).

Let this woman rest in peace, even if we do not agree with her religious beliefs.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I am sure she was told all those years ago, that she would never die in this system. Probably one of the reasons she was willing to leave her husband and children. The wonderful fantasy of living forever, and never having to experience death since we are so deep at the end of this wicked world.

Whatever happens after death, I hope that it is good for her.

Leslie

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

whats was the extent of the torture she suffered?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Maybe somebody can link the article. I don't remember very much. I believe many confrontations with officials, taking a stand, going back to prison etc. She was quite sweet and lovely to be around. I guess everyone must march to the beat of their own drum, to thine own self be true and such. I just always felt for the kids. Maybe they were really ok at that time in that culture. I believe the husband was a business man and they were somewhat well to do, not a peasant family in communist China.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Nancy came to our Kingdom Hall when I was a child, nobody worshiped her, she did not crave attention the way many of the little Bethelite tyrants desired.

She was a legend for her ability to endure persecution the way "Joseph, son of Jacob did. How nice she did not die, but was allowed to come to the United States to share her humility and strenght of character!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit