Nancy Yuen featured on the July 15, 1979 Watcthower has passed on.

by What-A-Coincidence 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

alert

Her life story was the front cover on the July 15, 1979 of the CRAPTOWER ... she is now dead. The WT and the memorial program can be downloaded on the link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?djxtxt0iym0

My Dear Friends,
    For so many years of my life, I have searched for the true God, the meaning of life, and
    genuine love. How I rejoice that I found everything I was looking for through Jehovah’s
    Organization, even beyond what I think possible.
    When Stanley Jones and Harold King,
    graduates of the Eighth Class of the
    Watchtower Bible School of Gilead,
    found me, I was an ordinary housewife
    in Shanghai, China. However, the
    teachings of Jesus Christ and the training
    that I received from God’s Organization
    transformed me into a courageous
    soldier of Christ in a spiritual warfare,
    and helped me to live up to my
    dedication to our God Jehovah. Only
    through His Organization have I found
    happiness and the meaning of life.
    During the past 57 years of my sacred service, which includes 20 years of imprisonment, I
    was able to clearly see the significance of the words of Jeremiah 10:10: “Jehovah is in truth
    (the true) God, He is the living God and the King to time indefinite.” My personal
    experience of Jehovah’s mighty power and protection during the years of inhuman treatment
    in prison is unforgettable, and it strengthens my conviction of His Sovereignty as the
    Almighty God. I also experienced personally His love and comfort as our Heavenly Father.
    Truly, Jehovah is the living God.
    I am deeply grateful to Jehovah for His loving kindness in giving me the privilege to
    represent His name, not only before the people of the nations under so many difficult
    circumstances, but also before loyal friends on so many occasions when I was interviewed in
    many parts of the world. You have shown me such generosity and kindness. Some of you
    have traveled long distances to hear my experiences. I want you to know that after each
    interview, I always felt refreshed when I perceived your determination to stay on the way of
    faithfulness.
    Now I leave you my love, in eager expectation of the time when we will be united again in
    the righteous New World. On that day, I will be the one with the intense desire to hear your
    personal experience of the magnificence of Jehovah during the great day of God the
    Almighty.
    What a marvelous prospect we have to praise Jehovah all eternity, and to part no more.
    Your Sister,
    Nancy Yuen

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Can you say brainwashed?

May she rest in peace.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I don't wish to "spit on her grave" as it were; she deserves my respect as a human being who sacrificed a lot, I'm sure she was a wonderful woman, and I'm sure she did have a good life (the way she saw it).

However, this:

During the past 57 years of my sacred service, which includes 20 years of imprisonment, I
    was able to clearly see the significance of the words of Jeremiah 10:10: “Jehovah is in truth
    (the true) God, He is the living God and the King to time indefinite.” My personal
    experience of Jehovah’s mighty power and protection during the years of inhuman treatment
    in prison is unforgettable, and it strengthens my conviction of His Sovereignty as the
    Almighty God.

kinda reminds me of three feller's in biblical times who were thrown in the fiery oven and came out unscathed. The "almightiness" of Jehovah has diminished over the years? He 'protected' her, but she still had to endure 20 years of inhuman treatment?

OK - I know I question this only because I'm not filled by the Holy Spirit any more. If I had been, I would of course know that miracles etc. seized after the apostles died. Funny how just before another "end" in the Bible, the young men would have visions and the old men dreams etc., but now before the "biggest end" in mankind's history - coincidently placed in the rational information age - there are no hands-on miracles like in those times.

May she rest in piece.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Closest thing to Goddess worship I've ever seen in the dubs.

They should do more of that.

She seemed like a great lady from everything I've heard and read. I admire her (misdirected) energy and passion.

Too bad she never woke up and smelled the Limberger.

Rest in peace Nancy.

Open Mind

• Dagney
    Dagney

She was in our hall for a while. She was great really, humble, fun...ready for adventure. Looking at the program now, it was not at all how she looked way back when...mid 80's I'd say.

I remember a crazy story...she was at my house for a gathering, and i noticed she was eating the entire peanut, including shells. She said it was what she ate in prison, and it was good enough to still eat. (Good roughage maybe?)

Anyways...she was pretty special, although breaking up her family seemed unsettling to me even way back then. She chose the religion over her kids and husband. So her kids were motherless for YEARS while she was in prison. I forget the details. I admire her for her stand...but Jeez...isn't standing for your kids important also?

Rest in peace Nancy.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

She's not dead she's only sleeping

• changeling
    changeling

At least she died happy.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

LOL Dagney. I wondered if your paths had ever crossed.

Amen. Rest in peace, Nancy.

---

At least she died happy.

I'm not sure that dying of bladder cancer would exactly constitute a 'happy' demise, changeling.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yo Ann!

Did she ever pass your way in Yugoslavia?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yeah, she's "only restin'," like the parrot in Monty Python's "Dead Parrot sketch."

I don't admire her stupidity and gullibility. She threw her life away in the service of a Brooklyn Book Publishing Company and their invisible superheros. She had her life, and she blew it.

She should get a Darwin Award.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit