Mixology- Your Favorite Cocktail Or Mixed Drink

by nvrgnbk 98 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
  • Tara
    Tara

Margaritas!

• BrentR
    BrentR

I am not a mixed drink person but I do like mint juleps. But I am so far north most bars and resturants give me blanks stares when I ask for one. So I have learned how to make them myself since we have out of control mint in several of our flower beds.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

a real martini with a couple of olives, very very cold

• flipper
    flipper

Nvr- I love long island iced teas for sure. And strong margaritas, heavy on the tequila!. But drink wine, chardonnay regularly to stay focused. Peace out , Mr. Flipper of the drinking class.

• restrangled
    restrangled

A Margarita from my favorite Mexican restaurant.....made with fresh limes.

r

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Margarita

• 1-1/2 oz 100% blue agave tequila
    • 1 oz orange-flavored brandy, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
    • 1 oz fresh lime juice

Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker two-thirds full of ice. Shake until well chilled. Pour the mixture into a salt-rimmed (optional) margarita or martini glass.

Dirty martini

A popular version of the martini is the "dirty" martini in which olive brine is used in place of, or alongside, vermouth. It is also generally garnished with an olive. Additionally, the term "dusty" martini is a dirty martini that has only a fraction of the usual olive brine.

• exwitless
    exwitless
    • 1-1/2 oz 100% blue agave tequila
    • 1 oz orange-flavored brandy, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
    • 1 oz fresh lime juice

Now that's a real Margarita! Don't go cheap on brands of tequilla, and don't mess with those pre-made Margarita mixes. They're nasty. I'd go fo nvr's Margarita any day. Yum.

My favorite drink:

Fill a 12 oz tumbler mostly full of crushed ice.

Add 1 to 2 oz. of Absolut vodka

Fill the glass almost to the top with 100% pure cranberry juice (not juice cocktail with corn syrup and other junk)

Top off with a splash of orange juice.

It's very refreshing and tastes great.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That sounds delicious, exwitless!

Tart cranberry and refreshing vodka. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Top-shelf Vodkas

Ketel One

Chopin

Top-shelf Tequilas

Cazadores

Corralejo

Chinaco

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

even mix of dark, light, and 151 rum. o.j. & pineapple juice, splash of grenadine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit