Would you marry someone....

by Thinking of Leaving 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    my boyfriend won't kiss me when I have one on my lips but he kisses me in many other places

Now you're talkin'!

Jeff

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

didn't know about the oral sex part.....that really sucks

I take lysine (amino acid) pills and they dry up quicker than if I took nothing but they are still painful and I hate them. Wish they would just go away. Incidentally my previous boyfriend who I dated for two long years never got them and he use to kiss me even when I had them

• Heather
    Heather

This is interesting since i unfortunatly have a cold sore right now. I get them when i'm in a very stressful situation. My husband gets them on ocassion to. We just don't kiss each other when we have them otherwise we just pass them back and forth. I got cold sores because my dad did. They are hereditary. None of my kids have gotten them...thank goodness...but they are a pain and ugly. I too take lysine to help them go away faster. Other then that i don't think its a big deal. Just a pain in the butt...or lip... : P

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

well it use to be that I only got them when I'm very tired and lack sleep, but I went out in the sun for about 5 hours to pull weeds and now I have two on my lips and one on the tip of my noseI hate them as they are painful and take so long to heal

Thanks for sharing your experiences though, I"m glad to hear I'm not the ONLY one.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wouldn't marry someone with cold sores unless I also had them. They are very infectious, painful and best avoided. As they are caused by a virus there is nothing to cure them, they must run their course and disappear.

• changeling
    changeling

If they are just cold sores, no biggie. Find him the right meds so he can get over them.

changeling

• delilah
    delilah
    my boyfriend won't kiss me when I have one on my lips but he kisses me in many other places

wellllll..............................there you go girl!!!!!! Improvise, improvise, improvise.....keeps things, shall we say......interesting??!!

• animal
    animal

My wife and daughter get them, mostly when in the sun too much, or due to stress. They use a rub on medicine and they go away quickly, or if they feel one coming they smear the stuff on and it never shows up.

Her doc said it probly came from the chicken pox virus, very common. Me and my son never got them.

Animal

• PEC
    PEC

Beware of Kevin Trudeau, see link below.

http://quackwatch.org/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=Kevin+Trudeau+

Philip (of the 63 posts to jedi class.)

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    do a web search maybe and see what medications are available now..some might be over the counter, others might be prescriptions?

There are prescriptions for this because my 9 year old has a "standing" order for it. He started getting the sores when he was around 2 or 3 years old. I have pictures of him with the cold sores. He had them so bad that they would sometimes go from his lips into his mouth and down his throat. They did some blood work on him and found out that he did in fact have the virus. The Dr said that it is unknown to exactly what causes some people to have an out break and other don't but she says that everyone has this type of virus in their bodies. People that don't have out breaks have stronger immune systems.

The medicine is in a white liquid form. I can't remember what it is since we haven't had to go get it for over a year now...we would just call it "the white medicine" because the name was very long and hard to pronounce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit