Would you marry someone....

by Thinking of Leaving 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

who has cold sores?would you kiss someone who has cold sores? what if you get to liking this person but finds out later on, say after 9 months of dating, they get cold sores...would you continue dating them?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

uh kiss them while they had a sore.. no

i wouldnt let a very common herpes virus stop marriage . it's related to chicken pox and there are medications to treat them.

seems kind of shallow to dump someone after 9 months because of a boo boo

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Personally yes, I would still date a person with cold sores. Now I would wait until their sores healed up before kissing. Just like if they had the flu for a week or 2, it wouldn't change whether or not I would quit dating them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I have a cold sore fetish.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

nvr you are one sick puppy

not complaining mind you, you crack me up daily

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    you crack me up daily

That means alot to me.

{{{{{candi}}}}}

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think I would be careful while the sore was active.

On the other hand, perhaps if I had the chance to use my mind in finding a cure for herpes (and AIDS) instead of having to waste all my time placing those damn tracts mindlessly from door to door, then that would be one problem that would be eliminated. And, believe it or not, there are cures for these conditions that the FDA and other regulators will not allow on the market for fear the drug companies that kiss up to them will lose money.

Then again, it would be a disfellowship offense if I were to join the FDA and demand that the research stop going in circles and ordering it to lead to the cure. Even if I were to infiltrate the FDA and pry the cure for these diseases out of the drug companies, the Puketower Society would likely ban it because they wouldn't want to "support that apostate".

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

hmmm a cold sore fetish....in other words hell NO

how are cold sores healed, what can I suggest to this person in order to get rid of them? sometimes they last long, like over a week, so for a week I can't kiss this personit sucks

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

do a web search maybe and see what medications are available now..some might be over the counter, others might be prescriptions?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I caught cold sores from my ex-husband while we were dating. I treat the sores with aciclovir cream. I have been with my current husband ten years and he hasn't caught the cold sore virus.

It sounds like you find cold sores pretty repugnant. I can tell you they are painful and you already know they are unsightly.

I am really glad someone married me, despite being afflicted with cold sores. Of course, if I had had a sore on the day of the wedding, I wouldn't have blamed him for calling it off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit