5000 PAGES OF DOCUMENTS OF JW PEDOPHILE CASES AVAILABLE! B ANDERSON BOOK

by Seeker4 297 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rose petal
    rose petal

Thanks to Barbera for doing this. I'm going to email all the librarians I know about this. Also, a way to help the publicity along is to hit Google and Yahoo, etc, with the title of the book. The more people request info the more google & co sends their little crawlers into webpages looking for the info. Talk it up.

rose petal

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

A question for y'all: If you had your way, who or what news agency and/or medium would do the greatest good at bringing this news to the hundreds of thousands of families with children in this organization? If you had the power to get anyone to run w/this story, who would it be?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would suggest tagging on to the larger SNAP network. Who in the media do they regularly deal with? Perhaps they would help with distribution and promotion of the book.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I know all of us want to see this information get the most wide distribution as possible. I've been reassured by the promoters of Barbara's new book that they have a game plan in effect for publicity with the media. So, everyone, be a little patient and let Barbara and crew handle the press as they've planned. This sort of thing requires a central coordination and they're doing it quite well. Just be patient. I think we will be presently surprised with the results.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Thanks Caba for the info. I just know that in news, things need to happen "yesterday" and operate at supersonic pace. I am hoping that this will be covered in mainstream news channels, i.e. CNN, MSNBC instead of news magazines (Dateline, etc.). JWs have been trained to avoid the more editorial programs. If this is featured in "hard" news, I think it will be given more credence by those who need to hear it the most, namely those with children attending the KH.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

BTTT

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This sort of thing requires a central coordination and they're doing it quite well. Just be patient

Ok, we'll not do anything with the press or the media. I trust that Barbara & the gang have something abrew. I can't wait to see what it could be. Now, I'm really wondering....

Skeeter

• VM44
    VM44

In thses court papers on the CD, does the Watchtower ever give any indication that it has some concern (however little) for the best interests of the victims involved?

Or is it all just about what is best for the Watchtower?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Most sincere thanks to Barbara for the toil in producing such amazing documentation....I am ordering a copy as I speak.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Good question, VM44. The other question I'd have is what will happen to those JW leaders who covered up child abuse that this book exposes? In other organizations, these sort of people get in trouble. In the Catholic Church, Cardinal Law was forced to resign. (Others similarly had to face the consequences of their actions...though many would say not enough of them did.)

But, will the Watchtower officials exposed in this book face any consequences? I'm not necessarily meaning legal problems (though that may be called for). But, in most organizations, people are either fired or forced to resign for covering up child abuse. In most organizations, there are special meetings called with the people in the organization or church to openly discuss these issues. When my son joined the Cub Scouts we had to discuss the issue of pedophilia. I had to discuss this both with my son and with the local Scout leaders before he could join.

Will these revelations cause any changes in the WT Organization that would mirror what other organizations have had to do? Will those leaders who covered up child abuse face any discipline? Will some have to resign? Will Witness congregations establish child protection policies and have open meetings with members to reassure them these policies are being faithfully followed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit