Who "Inspires" you on JWD?

by JH 53 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Well, I think inspiration is a bit of a strong word to use in this setting, I will use the word 'impressed'.

I am impressed by those who do not need anger management classes, those who can partake of after dinner conversation without bursting into tears and wetting their undies(hello Stilla), those whose logic is always viewed as arrogance (hello Terry), those who can write creatively (hello Crumpet - at least for today), those who see their posts through to the end if they under pressure (hello Scholar), those who have their minds set by their own sense of honor and personal integrity not by their peers (please insert name here).

Above all I am impressed by those those who can read between lines, where the most important words are spoken. There are some who can (hello Big Tex) and most who cannot.

A friend once noted that the Board often walked dangerously close to becoming a day-care centre for emotional and spiritual infants, and I understand what they were saying. This is not a discussion forum where intellectual honesty can be brandished with ease, perhaps due to fact that within the WTS intellectual dishonesty is viewed as good behavior and here, honesty and a good argument are often confused with arrogance and bad behavior and many have newly exited from their WTS cocoons.

I consistently approach the board as a discussion forum, which it is noted as in the website title and save my emotional support for PM, where imo it belongs, so obviously I am not impressed with people who feel the need to publicly wear their hearts where their brains should be and confuse the two. It is hard to discuss anything on a forum with a person who vacillates emotionally or tumbles into melt-down as soon as one questions their particular viewpoint and no person has ever presented me with a valid argument as to why such people should be catered to - though I am open to persuation.

HS

PS - Thanks Minimus....I think....lol.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I agree that everyone here contribute in different ways to inspire many of us. Be it by making us smile, by sharing their stories, their hardships, epiphanies, struggles and overall journeys to a better life.

That being said, there are names that stand out for different reasons.

Richie Rich (one brave mo'fo)!
    Dave (006)
    Blondie
    Dansk
    AK-Jeff (who, unknowingly, directed me to JWD)
    Mouthy
    Da' Crumps

And many many others, too many to list, mainly, ALL OF YOU!

-Mastodon (of the "Only Known for Posting Funny Pictures" Class)

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Oh yeah, I forgot! Every time I look to the mirror, I inspire myself to barf! :P

• trevor
    trevor

Hillary_step

As always, a perfectly worded summary and insight into the workings of a board like this. I would like to add more, but when it has all been done so well there is no point.

For those who have not been mentioned - I notice you all and you add value and depth to the purpose of this discussion board.

Remember - the whistle makes the most noise but it is the engine that pulls the train!

Be seeing you

Trevor

• KW13
    KW13
    KW13 - sometimes you have momenst of sheer genius and that was one. Loved it!
    (And for anyone thinking that I just hero worship teenage boys...why not?! )

thanks crumpet

• RAF
    RAF

Touched ... inspired ... surprised ... and well it even happened that I've been disgusted (rarely) ... but all together I like the free ride that everybody can have here to some extand ... and get touched, inspired, surprised or disgusted ... This virtual word is still real and that's why we can learn from it (from the good and the bad) ... Also I still wonder why some people feel the need to downsizing anyone and can't really take it to be ... There is a time for everything for each of us

This topic is about give us a name ... most of you have been cautious in not giving any ... and I'll follow this line now because I guess that somehow we know, that we can't be really fair lets say really objective ... weither we know or not those people for real (ourselves included).

• RAF
    RAF

that we can't be really fair lets say really objective ... weither we know or not those people for real (ourselves included).

And by that I meant : we can only be inspired by what move us (personnaly) means what's important to us ...

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Everyone that is here. Especially the new ones.

Leslie

• restrangled
    restrangled

Cute little rat pictures inspire a smile from me.

r.

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary, I begrudgingly admit that not only do you inspire me but I do like you too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit