Any Stephen King fans??

by lola28 32 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28
    think a misconception is that all King writes is horror.

I have to agree, to many that's all he writes but I don't know how they can read books like "The Green Mile" and "Desperation" and still think that.

Lola

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's the same with Edgar Allan Poe. He wrote some great stuff that wasn't horror, but people do him a disservice by ignoring those works.

• lola28
    lola28

Oooooooooooh you like Poe too? I bought a book a few months ago for 7 bucks that has all his short stories and poems, all I have to say is : Best Book Ever.

Lola

• John Doe
    John Doe

"The Gold Bug" was one of his most interesting, I think. It was also one of his least horrific.

• lola28
    lola28

The Black Cat will always have a special place in my heart, I read it when I was 12 and had nightmares for days after reading it but it was well worth it.

Lola

• changeling
    changeling

Love SK! Finished Lisey's Story about a month ago, wonderful.

changeling

• lola28
    lola28

Changeling, did you have any problems trying to read Lisey's Story? I just can't get into that book and I love SK.

Lola

• BFD
    BFD

I stopped reading SK around 1997 when started I living alone for the first time in my life. His style of writing made my imagination do crazy things. But I loved his stories. I guess my partner always made me feel safe and kept me grounded a bit. I still live alone and wouldn't even think of reading anything SK. He' good!

BFD

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Delores Claiborne was a good movie...I even liked the book

• heathen
    heathen

You do have to complain about stuff like Rose Red , I wasn't impressed with the dream catcher movie but totally loved the book . Frailty was on last night , I thought that was OK but lacked an apocolyptic ending it could have used . I love the stephen king monsters like penny wise . I need to spend less time on the web and get to reading the dark tower stuff..... Another author I like in similar fashion is Dean Koontz .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit