Any Stephen King fans??

by lola28 32 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

I'm just wondering if any of you are SK fans, I just started to read the Dark Tower books, I began with the second book "The drawing of the three" and have not read the first one, so far so good. Just wondering how many of you are SK fans.

Lola

• johannahw
    johannahw

Hi Lola! I'm a SK Fan! I just got Lisey's Story and Cell but haven't begun reading them yet. I have yet to read the Dark Tower series. Johannah

• John Doe
    John Doe

King is great! The dark tower books are good, but the last 2 are exponentially better than the earlier books. My favorite book from him is a tie between "Misery" and "The Langoliers."

• lola28
    lola28

Johannahw,

I bought Lisey's story and just can't read it, I could not get past page 27 so I put it down and picked it upa week later and could not get past page 30 at which point I just gave up :(. Instead I read "The Regulators" and Desperation" "IT" again, and began to read "The drawing of the three"

JD

I loved "The Langoliers" and have not read "Misery" yet. My personal favorite has got to be "IT" simply because that's the book that first introduced me to King at the tender age of 7/8.

Lola

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh bloody slimy demonized hell YES!!!!!!! I love SK! Hey, I knew you were going to ask that! Visions kept coming to me that you are a fan I liked Carrie, Secret Window/Secret Garden, Langoleres, and Needful Things best.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I liked his older stuff like "Christine", "Pet Cemetery", "Fire Starter", "Talisman", and, of course, "The Stand"....who could forget that one?!

His books don't translate that well into movies IMO, though. His books are strictly for pure entertainment like telling ghost stories when you're 12 years old outside around the campfire out in the middle of the woods.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

oh yes, Stephen King fan here. I have read most of his past books and just picked up Lisey as well.
    I highly recommend listening to Stephen King's Drawing of the Three on cd as he reads it himself--unforgettable!

• puck
    puck

*huge* fan -- i've read all of his books, except for the screenplay and most of his writing book -- macabre... something? i have copies of most of his books, as well. and i agree about the movie translation -- they rarely do justice to the stories, although delores claibourne was good, and i hear misery is also done well.

• lola28
    lola28

yes the movies made from his books are always painful to watch, I just stick to reading the books.

Lola

• RAF
    RAF

Not a fan ... but the novel "big bazar" from his book "dreams and nightmares" for instance ... really cracked me up (too funy at the end)
    to the point I've read to my sister (since she doesn't like to read) instead of watching a movie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit