Any Stephen King fans??

by lola28 32 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Big fan here. Haven't read the dark tower series yet myself , have heard it's some of his best stuff tho. I agree he is not as good a director as a writer . I did like silver bullet , misery and the shining.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I am. I have read most of his books, but the only one that I couldn't finish was Gerrald's Game....disturbed me deeply.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Pet Semetary was one of the scariest movies that I ever saw. It was one of his few novels that were made into a very successful movie, in my opinion.

• Tara
    Tara

No. He creeps me out. Years ago I was newly married (1979), husband was away from the house for a week on his job so I was alone. One night I picked up The Shining to read and it scared me to death. I threw it across the room and it stayed there forever til I got up the nerve to throw it away.

• lola28
    lola28

Tara give him another chance, trust me it's not that bad.

Lola

• Tara
    Tara

LOL. I don't know about that.

I have watched some of his movies on tv, though not being a book fan, I thought they were really good.

I loved The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption movies.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I used to read his books a lot. Not so much now. It was probably more fun when I was younger and they were "off limits."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Love the Dark Tower series, you won't regret reading the first book. I still have to finish up reading the last two.

• lola28
    lola28

Tara,

The movies made from his books are total crap, the books are a billion times better. Give hima try, trust me it's not that bad, just uh make sure you read with the lights on.

Lola

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think a misconception is that all King writes is horror. He does write some horror, but he had some very good books that are not horror--he's multi talented. That being said, "From a Buick Eight" was the crappiest book I've ever read. I guess everyone does something crappy from time to time. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit