** Fox News on UFO Disclosure **

by Legolas 43 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It's Jesus and his Cavalry doing a dry run?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    "Mexico has an Air Force??? What the Hell. Thats WAAYYY more interesting then UFO's."

That hurts

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Unidentified Flying Objects are just that, unidentified. I think seeing a few lights in the sky is not much evidence for jumping to the conclusion that they're extra terrestrial.

ditto

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

"In 1975 Armaggedon will come and God will bring Paradise to the earth". Spot the similarity? Both statements made on the flimiest of evidence by those with an agenda. Perhaps they feel that by stating this nonsense it will somehow become a reality, I know that I did!.

True, HS.

Time will tell.

1975 came and went. That fundamentalist speculation was a lie and it hurt people, on many levels.

What hurts us is dogmatism.

I'm not a believer in UFOs. I have no reason to be.

What harm comes from being open to the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligent life?

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think extra terrestrial life is indeed a likely possibility. I don't think such beings coming to this planet is a likely scenario though.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Well - I can't categorically deny [because of my current scientific beliefs] the possibility of extra-terrestrial life forms that may have been around far longer than us, and therefore have created technology advanced enough to come here and visit us.

However - as I have always been fascinated by science-fiction, I have also kept an eye on the UFO movement. And it's pretty much like any religion; you have those that are very pragmatic and even skeptic but believe the possibility of ETs, then you have those who have been abducted and believe because of that, then you have those who have visions and talk to these extra-terrestrials and "fly" around in space in an out of body experience, then you have those who believe earth is governed by a reptilian race (George Bush is actually a reptilian for instance) and people from the Pleiads are here to help us..... and so on and so forth. And of course people in-between.

What's interesting is that they also have prophets, and they also believe in the end of days, only what's gonna happen is that mankind will be enlightened about the existence of extra-terrestrials at that point, not killed.

When I looked even closer though, I found out that at least one of these groups actually consist of ex-Mormons, who now believe that Jesus (Jeshua) will come back as an alien(!) - that is to say he was always an alien. And then suddenly the fact that they propagate end time prophecies "make sense" at least to me.

Anyway - who knows? Thankfully, like JWs, their beliefs has an 'expiration date': all this is supposed to happen before December 21st. 2012. That seems to be the general consensus. So if nothing has happened then, I guess we'll have to start leading those boring lives again, until the next great fad comes along...

Oh - I erroneously said JWs had an expiration date - they don't as we know, because they keep getting new light and thereby changes the stamp date, kinda like Apu changes the date on the milk cartons in The Simpsons.

• freeme
    freeme

i wont believe it until it is proved. some lights on a blured screen is no proof. no, no.

that doesnt mean anything...

actually i do not believe in aliens visiting us. i think its possible that there are other civilizations in the universe, maybe even in our galaxy, but by any chance they arent visiting us.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I think extra terrestrial life is indeed a likely possibility. I don't think such beings coming to this planet is a likely scenario though.

Interesting, JD.

What causes you to say, " I don't think such beings coming to this planet is a likely scenario though. "?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Interesting, JD. What causes you to say, " I don't think such beings coming to this planet is a likely scenario though. "?

Well, I'll admit to my thoughts being speculations, but I'll tell you why I speculate. Alien life, if it exists, does not likely exist in our solar system. From what we've seen and explored, it seems that Earth is the only planet well suited for supporting life.

From this speculation, I conclude that any alien life would be coming from another solar system. This does not seem likely to me from a cost to benefit analysis. Am I wrong? Very probable. I do think, however, that my speculations are reasonable.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Very reasonable and open-minded, JD.

Might the level of advancement of human beings not be enough to make the trip worthwhile?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit