Bums-----What Do You Think of Them?

by minimus 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Most 'street' people are suffering from mental illness. I had a close family member suffering from bi-polar disorder who went through a period of wandering around and put himself into perilous situations. Fortunately, he survived that but many people just never get help. Very sad. As far as giving money to panhandlers, bums or whatever you want to call them I suggest you give money or food/clothing to organizations that are there to help these people. Handing them money directly, in most cases, is not really helping them.

• minimus
    minimus

Tongue and cheek thread?

• ninja
    ninja

(bum)p

• ninja
    ninja

chocolate rain!!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

If you mean on the street pan handlers who really look like they are homeless and hungry, then I feel for them. I was homeless twice and it isn't a good way to be. I have two friends who were approached by a homeless couple and instead of giving money, they went to a convenience store across the street and bought a bunch of food/snacks for them. That is the best way to help people on the streets. Shelters don't feed people enough. These people are really hungry. I don't give money out because I don't believe in supporting bad habits. I will give food to them, though.

• TopHat
    TopHat

In our county a few bums live in the woods under a makeshift tent....They are just people down on their luck!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I have noticed a culture gap between the Brittish and Americans concerning the word "bums." I don't think we are talking about asses here.

• ninja
    ninja

wait till we start a subject on fags

• minimus
    minimus

A lot of bums are in Atlantic City. I was talking to a bartender and she was telling me about 2 people that frequent the boardwalk. One is a 73 year old "granny" who uses an expired Visa card and orders meals and drinks and then the card gets declined. Because she's old, many already had given her the card back after they got an imprint or the card was swiped. She's been doing this for a year according to the charge card company.

Another is a dirty smelly bum that is in a wheelchair and he walks just fine. His only problem is that he's lazy and stinks!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm with Kudra on this, I'm totally into HoboEurotica- but I hear it's been banned on this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit