• minimus
    minimus

Don't get bummed out, just yet.

• ninja
    ninja

did you ever sphincter stay on here?

• Threestars
    Threestars
    A disproportionate number of those who are homeless have severe mental illnesses, particularly schizophrenia.

This is so true. I have much more empathy for these "street people" now that I realize this. My own son has been out there even though he has a home with me. At times that is where he prefers to be--he often tries to preach to people when he is in a manic-religious state but he usually just talks to himself.

I remember an older man named Herbie who "lived" in a major intersection in Phoenix, AZ. He was a war vet and was obviously schizophrenic. He would sweep out the corner Jack-inthe Box for spare change and a daily burger. He had a lawn chair and even a radio set up in the island near the curb. He sometimes felt the need to sweep the intersection and would stop traffic. Once he was even perched atop the signal pole! Everybody knew him. One night he was struck and killed by a car in his intersection.

• ninja
    ninja

we will col-on you later mini

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Two words:

Jessica Alba

• troucul
    troucul

If they want money, no. If they want a specific favor, then maybe. A guy offered to show me specifically how to get to Hunter AFB if he came along. I obliged, but he wanted some money for breakfast at McD's before the gate. I obliged and thanked him. Especially since he saluted me when I was in uniform but only wearing a PFC rank. Now I know what officers get off on. Still I admire his ability to get a few bucks.

I gave a couple bums a ride back to their home in tent city. Funny mudderfukkers. Wreaked of rum, when I dropped him off by the utility box in the parking lot, his wife came out of the bushes and started yelling at him. He told her to 'shut the 'f' up bitch'.

I guess I only get involved if it's going to end up like a train wreck. It's like virtual rubbernecking.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think all bums ought to be wiped out.

• ninja
    ninja

hey keyzer...you "crack" me up

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

In all seriousness, I try not to make judgments on them as a hole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit