The Story of Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

by flipper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Mr. and Mrs. Flipper

Thanks for your story. Am glad to know that you, Mr. Flipper, are still able to be an upbeat person after all the trials you have been through with the Witnesses.

I used to be a positive person until a couple of years ago when my teen daughter was treated horribly by a JC and df'd. My husband, a then elder, and I went through deep depression. But along the way I found this forum, and after time and being away from the KHall we are now coming out of the down state. I hope we can approach something called a state of happiness sometime relatively soon.

Anyway, glad to know more about you both. By the way, I remember the television show Flipper. Loved it.

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning.....

• greendawn
    greendawn

Nice story it is encouraging for those that recently left the JWs that they can find a decent spouse outside the old cult.

• flipper
    flipper

Mr. Flipper here folks. Thanks so much for all your replies. I am so thankful that someone has been looking after me and Mrs. Flipper from above or somewhere. We were determined to have a happy life in spite of some witness family members wishes to the contrary. We didn't hurt anybody when we met, we were both single and free from anybody else, so it bizarred us out when , after I had faded for 4 years that an exwife and my younger daughter would be so vindictive. Hadn't been married to the kids mom for 9 years, and she cam,e after us like that. Can I hear anybody say"Play Misty For Me"? Gawd that was a scary movie, never knew I'd have a milder version in my own life! But Mrs. Flipper and my life is peaceful now, so thats what counts. Thanks all of ya, Mr. Flipper peace out

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hey mr and mrs flipper.

I cant believe I missed this post yesterday. I would say "good story", but I think "Crazy" describes it better. I wish you well on your meeting with the elders unqualified fools.

Snakes()

Eharmony.com eh? PM me about that would ya? Or tell it here if you want. I know nothing about it.

• flipper
    flipper

Hey Snakes, thanks for the reply and wish of good luck! I've got to go do my spiritual adventures in janitorial cleaning now in my business with my son all night, but I'll pm you tomorrow about the e-harmony thing and give tou the lowdown on it. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

There are so many newbies who have joined this board, I just wanted to share my wife and my story with anybody here who doesn't know us well , so you can see we have all had similar trials to go through. If it can help any of you get through some trials you are having , I will feel like I've accomplished something worthwhile . So Hi, how ya'll doin' if you haven't read this before. It's my wife and my story- we are stickin' to it ! LOL ! Peace out everyone, Mr. Flipper

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Thanks for the bump up Mr. Flipper!

It's a great true story, which I hope all the newbies will read.

Thanks for being such a positive force on this discussion board!!

The Oracle

• cognac
    cognac

Hey!!!

As I have spoken to both you and Mrs. Flipper on the phone, there are a few things that I would like to say:

1... Wow, Mr. Flipper, your wife is awesome!!! Being a JW for so long, it never dawned on me to have so much trust and love for a mate. I know it may sound dumb, but, when I called, she first was going to hand over the phone to you like it was nothing!!! I WAS SHOCKED!!! Wow, was I shocked... She didn't ask for my credentials, wasn't mad, nothing... She even suggested I spoke with him...wow... the point to her was that he understood, because of his backround with JWs... What a humble personality!!! I have been thinking about that a lot lately... Had that much trust in her husband to not just let, but suggest that some girl, who she had never met just talk to her husband like it was nothing. That really had not left my mind... That little thing has had such an impact. i can't even tell you how much... I was never taught to trust like that... Wow, that taught me something completely new in like 3 seconds... The idea of not worrying, just trusting, I have NO IDEA about. I want it though, soooooooooooo bad... That is so awesome, and I love her, just for that... I really, really would love to be like that...

2. Ok, Mr. Flipper, you are a really smart, informative guy with a lot of experience... I really like hearing your stories... They are really awesome to listen to and very logical and down to earth... I thought I knew a lot about all the things to watch out for when it comes to "set-up JC's..." but you told me things I didn't even know... Your like a great dad, that tells all these awesome bedtime stories that you can't live without... Its really awesome to here all your stories...

I really wish your daughter one day clings to you and hangs on to every last word you say... Everything you say has that impact on people who listen and i really wish it was appreciated the way it should be... but, one day, hopefully it will!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Interesting story Mr. Flipper. I hope you and Mrs. Flipper have many lovely years together.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Thanks for sharing your story, Mr Flipper. Mrs Flipper sounds very sweet.

*hugs*

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit