The Story of Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

by flipper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Thank you for your story. It puts a "face" of sorts on the poster to hear these things. In reading your posts, I always got the feeling you were happy, upbeat, fair, and very close to each other. Finding the right mate after going through all you did is a real blessing.

Your experiences provide you with tools to help others, and I'm sure you have and will continue to. I'm glad you "serve" on this JWD board.

I had a conversation about a month and a half ago with the PO in our local congregation. They visit ever so often and leave the lit. They know I was raised in it and left on my own accord but was never da'd nor df'd. JWs helped ruin my brother who got df'd at 17. His whole safety net was jerked out from under him and his life took a tailspin after that. He has never been the same. I told that PO that when dealing with real lives of people, their decisions can totally destroy a person. When you are 17 and commit immorality, rather than kick them out to the curb, the whole cong and family members should surround that person with love and help and forgiveness, not disfellowship and shun them. Lives---real lives---are at stake. He looked down and dejected. I hope I hit a nerve.

BTW, when you say "peace out", I always smile.

• flipper
    flipper

Journey On, thanks so much for the kind words of support, it's appreciated. I intend to stay on this board to provide assistance and help to those that want it. So sorry about what happened to your brother. I too told the elders in my appeal letter to them that the decisions they make in people's lives can either affect them or infect them for life. So I told them it's something to seriously consider. They are allowed to have way too much power and control in those peoples lives wanted to make you smile!

• John Doe
    John Doe

So Flipper, do you have gender identity issues? ha ha ha

• flipper
    flipper

No , John, no issues here. There is a separate person, my wife who is Mrs. flipper, and me her husband Mr. Flipper. I guess you like to remain incognito with a name like John Doe, I presume? Peace out, Mr. Flipper lol

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks for sharing your story, I enjoyed reading it.

• flipper
    flipper

Junction Guy, hope you find some peace in your life too. Thanks for reading our crazy story. We all have em' don't we? Peace to all, Mr. Flipper

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Thanks for sharing your story Mr. Flipper. It's amazing how far one has to go sometimes to enjoy a peaceful life. I hope you and Mrs. Flipper have continued success.

Dave

P.S. I use the FireFox browser. When I want to separate my paragraphs, I type them in normally and check the "Automatic Cr/Lf" box just below the Post box that I type in. I uncheck the "Check here to use HTML formatting," unless I'm going to add some italics, bold text, or hyperlinks, which is probably more than you want to try right now.

• ninja
    ninja

wow.....here's me thinking you just swam about all day catching fish and criminals......if you'd remained a witness you'd be part of the fishfull and discreet slave by now

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Thanks for sharing your life with us. What a bunch of stupid elders!!!!! They actually think that they have the ability to counsel others, with absolutely no education in the field. They do not care the lives that they destroy by not encouraging folks to talk to people that could actually help. Glad you got out and found Mrs. Flipper.

Leslie

• RAF
    RAF

... ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit