Have you ever faked a service report?

by Orgull 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Orgull!

I've never been a JW, but I just wanted to say I'm so happy your shackles are loosening and you're becoming FREE! GOOD FOR YOU! I keep praying for the same for our son.

I really liked your story about the grocery store.

Lavendar

• Musicman
    Musicman

People not going to meetings yet turning in Pioneer hours? Well you know what that is.... They must have been skipping meetings to preach! The dedication! "I must skip the meeting to go find more people to come to the meetings... yes..." =P Musicman

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i fake the numbers all the time

• caligirl
    caligirl

My reports were heavily padded from the time I became responsible for writing my own. You know, count the coffee break or over estimate the time (left the hall at 9:00, drove in at 12, then that means it was 3 hours right?

When I was on my way out, I used to just say one or two hours just to keep people off my back.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Yes, I did a lot of faking in my last few years. Once, when I moved, I checked with the secretary in the former congregation about whether I had maybe "forgotten" to turn in field service at any time during the previous year. It seems that I had, so I did what any good Publisher would and turned in some "time" for those months. I wonder how many congregation secretaries are wise to this practice.

Well, now I guess it was par for the course. They gave me a fake hope based on a fake religion. So, I faked my efforts to promote it.

Dave

• Gordy
    Gordy

Every month, I never kept a record, so usually just guessed about hours and number magazines placed.

Knew brothers who put reports in for 20 or so hours. Knowing that they never even did half that. They were ones who usually wanted to look good and climb the corporate ladder.

Often heard Service Overseer telling elderly sisters, who may not have been able to get out, to just put a couple of hours down.

• eclipse
    eclipse

*Raises hand*

After 1996 never put in the correct time. It was my little act of rebellion.

I figured that Jehober was watching me 24/7, He knew how many hours I had put in

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

So many times I can't count.

• erandir
    erandir

"But seriously, it was hard for me to go out to try and convince people to be JW's when I wasn't sure about it myself." - Musicman

BINGO!

That's the root of the problem right there.

It started out that I didn't want to invite anyone to my hall because the congregation was something I wasn't proud of. That progressed toward the whole organization in general.

About the faking of service time, I started by rounding up all my time, then by counting driving time to the hall and back and breaks in between, then I just kinda faked the last two entirely so that I would postpone the elders asking me why I was inactive...then later I didn't care any more and quit altogether. Told my wife I didn't care what she told them, but I refused to talk to any elder if they called to ask for time. They stopped calling. She told them to not ask anymore...plain and direct. I like that.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

What a bunch of fakers!

LMAO

Who knew?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit